Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-05-12-WWF-Raw] Interview: Hart Foundation

Loss

• 1 month later...

Bret is still in the wheelchair cutting heel promos. I never want this to end. Bret points out that he's not the bad guy, the fans are. Bret says Austin is full of "warmed over Texas cliches with barnyard overtones", which cracks me up. He tells Undertaker not to get too comfortable with the title and wants to close with a surprise, but gets so upset at fan heckling that he stops short of telling everyone what it is. Bret is The Man … again.

• 4 weeks later...

Hart continues to knock Austin while also mentioning Undertaker and the WWF Title. Most of all he has a big surprise for everyone but ends up leaving after becoming disgruntled with the crowd response. Great in that it left you wanting more in finding out what this surprise was. Total tease by Bret.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Steve Austin is a "babbling ass full of warmed over Texas cliches with barnyard overtones." Fantastic--in text it almost reads like the stilted, unnatural dialogue of a WWE Creative writer but out of Bret's mouth, it's gold. "Bret's big surprise" was another incessantly hot message board topic of conversation of the era, along with who the third man was and what Paul Bearer's secret was.

• 1 year later...

Another great Bret promo. His comments on Austin are hilarious. He also tells Taker to hold the belt tight because he's coming for it. Bret says he has a surprise but the fans start chanting "Go Home!" at him & Bret gets livid & just leaves. Amazing. Heel Bret is maybe my favorite WWF character ever.

• GSR changed the title to [1997-05-12-WWF-Raw] Interview: Hart Foundation