Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-05-24-ECW-TV] Tommy Dreamer & Terry Funk vs Raven & Stevie Richards

Loss

• 1 month later...

There have been rumors that Raven and Stevie have reconciled. Raven treats him like shit the whole time, then turns on him. After a ref bump, Louie Spicolli runs in. Stevie finally secures the win for his team but at some point Stevie needs to beat up Raven.

• 4 weeks later...

Rude wants to know why Styles is looking at Beulah’s neck. Dreamer picks Terry Funk as his tag partner. Raven choses Stevie Richards. Dreamer gets the pinfall on Raven but referee has been knocked out. Spicolli attacks Dreamer but Richards superkicks Louie and then pins Funk. Richards ready to make the next step.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Overbooked match that's weirdly worked somewhat traditionally, with strict enforcement of legal tags and such, even as tables and chairs get involved. I agree that it feels like a big reset button has been hit on the Richards/Raven relationship, for reasons I can't quite figure out. It's way past time to pull the trigger on this.

• GSR changed the title to [1997-05-24-ECW-TV] Tommy Dreamer & Terry Funk vs Raven & Stevie Richards
  • 1 year later...

Raven & Stevie Richards vs Tommy Dreamer & Terry Funk - ECW Buffalo 5/20/97

I am a Big fan of Raven & Stevie but this emasculated Stevie too much. I would have liked to see Richards get a nice shine rather than get his ass kicked and validate Raven’s abuse. Raven’s abuse should ring hollow because Richards ripped it up. The actual action is pretty meh. Funk had good matches left in him but he just looked old in this. His best spot was he takes the table with him on a bump so the table is covering him so he starts kicking out on instinct. That was fun. Funk is in dire straits so Richards slaps on a leg lace!?! Again Raven is correct that would never work. Imagine the heat if Raven told Richards the Spinning Toehold would never work only to tag in and put the Spinning Toehold on! So many misfires. Dreamer whips Raven and looks like he is going to get that pin but the ref is bumped and here’s Louie Spicolli (Madonna’s Boyfriend and Rad Radford) who was getting a huge push against Dreamer breaking Beulah’s neck. Spicolli eats A StevieKick and Stevie puns Funk.

Does Stevie pinning Funk make up for 15 minutes of emasculating booking? For a lot of people the finish matters more but for me nope there’s so much they could do. A Dud