Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-06-07-USWA-TV] Brian Christopher and Billy Joe Travis

Loss

• 1 month later...

Post-match, Brian Christopher is quickly interrupted from his interview by Luther Biggs to tell him he needs some work, but he was impressed and he's willing to be Brian's manager. Yeah, if I want to go to the top of the wrestling business, I know I'll consult Luther Biggs. They're copying the angle with Jim Cornette in 1982, but no one involved is nearly as interesting. Billy Joe Travis ends up attacking Christopher from behind with a chair (after hiding under the ring, mind you), then attacks with an electric guitar. An electric guitar? The announcers make a point about how it's not some flimsy guitar -- then Travis switches to a flimsy guitar. This segment tried, but didn't do much.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Really scraping the bottom of the barrel with Luther Biggs having a role. Biggs gives his advice on how he can improve Christopher. Billy JOe looks like he just gave a powerpoint presentation under the ring. He blasts Christopher with two guitars. Not a bad beatdown but not as good as the stuff in the parking lot either.

• 1 year later...

Billy has been hiding under the ring with a chair and not one but TWO guitars, one electric, and he goes to town on Brian Christopher with all 3 after Christopher turns down Luther Biggs' offer to be a manager. Luther is far from the worst manager of the post-Jimmy Hart era, but I don't think his big-time-agent gimmick really flies. Travis cuts a psychotic promo about how we all laughed at his music but he takes it serious. Not a bad segment but very Memphis-by-numbers, and Memphis-by-numbers just isn't going to cut it in '97.

• GSR changed the title to [1997-06-07-USWA-TV] Brian Christopher and Billy Joe Travis