Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-06-09-WWF-Raw] ECW and Jerry Lawler

Loss

• 1 month later...

Rob Van Dam vs Flash Funk JIP. Jerry Lawler is hoarse and sounds awful. Paul E. comes out of the crowd and tries to blindside Lawler, but Lawler turns the page quickly and beats the hell out of him. Tommy Dreamer is out and brawls with RVD as well. The WWF was awfully generous with this group.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I love seeing this feud transcend three different promotions over the course of a week. RVD pins Flash Funk clean, which surprises me a great deal. Funk was pretty far down on the pecking order but a few years earlier they were careful not to let the Rock 'n Roll Express even beat Well Dunn on television. Lawler goes in to congratulate him and his met by Paul E. and Dreamer.

• 1 year later...

Hot segment. RVD-Flash is pretty fun with some cool highspots. RVD wins with a springboard moosault. Heyman hops the rail after the match & charges Lawler. Dreamer is with him & he tussels with RVD. This goes all over ringside as Vince gets upset for the ECW contingent starting the brawl. On a side note, I loved Lawler blaming his hoarse voice on Mankind's mandible claw that he received at KOTR.

• GSR changed the title to [1997-06-09-WWF-Raw] ECW and Jerry Lawler