Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-06-15-WCW-Great American Bash] Ric Flair & Roddy Piper vs Scott Hall & Kevin Nash

Loss

• 1 month later...

Last few minutes. Flair gets fed up with Syxx interfering and they brawl away from the ring. I really enjoy how Hall, Nash and Syxx stick together during their matches watching back now. This has tons of heat. Piper goes to make a tag but Flair isn't there. Surprisingly, I even like the way Hall and Nash work with Piper, and there's a compelling story being told in the ring. I don't feel the need to watch the whole match, but I like how they're working this. Tony is excellent on commentary too, even though he calls the Razor's Edge the NWO Drop. On second thought, maybe I should check out this match in full.

This led to a Flair vs Piper feud that was just too pathetic to represent at all. Sorry.

was it the Bash or Slamboree where Piper and Nash came to blows backstage?

This led to a Flair vs Piper feud that was just too pathetic to represent at all. Sorry.

I can remember at the time thinking it was real sad. Their 99 feud was even more pathetic if that's even possible. Oh it was 1999 WCW so it *was* possible

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Piper looks old, but he does deliver a good fiery babyface in peril performance. The Outsider keep the match together and they make the best they can selling for Piper's pathetic offense. The fact Flair forgot about his partner and never came back really doesn't make much sense.

As much as their feud in 99 was terrible, I seem to remember their first match together in 97 was actually pretty fun (for Flair vs Piper in 97, let's be real), but maybe I'm dead wrong.

• 1 year later...

Damned if this closing stretch isn't really well put together. I detect the hand of one Pat Patterson as directed by Scott Hall. They got a hot false finish after a Syxx spin kick, and do a good job of having Piper go to the corner and see that Flair is gone. Piper can't do much but he shows good fire with his punches and the crowd is really getting into the story. He even takes the Outsider Edge like a pro at the end. No complaints about this at all even though I don't have many fond memories of the Piper/Flair feud either.

• GSR changed the title to [1997-06-15-WCW-Great American Bash] Ric Flair & Roddy Piper vs Scott Hall & Kevin Nash