Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-06-20-CMLL] El Hijo del Santo & Emilio Charles Jr & Dr Wagner Jr vs Negro Casas & Felino & Ultimo Dragon

Loss

• 1 month later...

I love to see the technicos start off on fire for a change. I'm not sure I would have appreciated that as much without all three matches on here, so I'm grateful that OJ recommended them. Wagner goes all Jerry Lawler and gets upset and cuts a promo mid-match. I like how these June trios matches have progressed, where each match has been better than the one before it. This was fantastic and had a hot crowd and lots of wild, fast-paced action. But it was also set up really well and furthered all of the storylines with these guys. Just great stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

Wagner got so upset when he decided to do his promo, his team ended up losing the first fall. The referees were giving poor Salvaje a hard time as he’s just a ticket buying fan to the match. When he finally does get involved he ends up taking an accidental tope from Santo. Santo cuts a post match promo next to a prone Salvaje who then cuts his own promo still lying down! That was fun.

• 2 months later...

Big time shine in first fall for tecnicos. They clean house and Santo again takes a pinfall loss with a powerbomb in a good reversal of fortunes. We still have Bestia Salvaje at ringside pissed off. Casas with long tights will take some getting used to. Wagner has been a consistent star throughout this series and he brings it again here in the second fall cutting a promo and throwing Casas into the chairs. I love the smug look on Bestia's face when Felino gets beat up. Santo finishes off Felino with his clutch, I smell a side feud. Ultimo in these matches hasnt really sptlighted himself but he has stayed out of the way so maybe that is a good thing. The brawling on the outside with Casas suplexing Santo on the floor was very heated. Bestia is killing me on the outside, may legitimately be one of my favorite performances of someone on the outside. He finally gets his receipt with Santo wiping him out to my delight These have been very good series overall and reminds me of the May 1990 series of matches.

• 1 year later...

Terrific match, maybe the best lucha trios match of '97 so far. Just non-stop action but everything makes sense and everyone gets some time to show off their stuff, with great urgency from the beginning when the technicos blitz Santo and pin him after a superbomb. Bestia's presence gets paid off wonderfully as he's taken out by a Santo tope by accident, which also removes Santo from the match.

• GSR changed the title to [1997-06-20-CMLL] El Hijo del Santo & Emilio Charles Jr & Dr Wagner Jr vs Negro Casas & Felino & Ultimo Dragon