Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-06-21-USWA-TV] Billy Travis vs Memphis Police in a shootfight

Loss

• 1 month later...

Billy Joe Travis is at the announce booth when Paul Diamond and Steven Dunn come out for an interview. Wow, Paul Diamond looks old. The police show up in a shoot -- completely unexpectedly -- and arrest Billy Joe Travis, I think for unpaid child support!! Give Luther Biggs huge credit for kayfabing this. Michael St. John and Stacy Carter don't really know how to respond. Legendary.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have never heard about this so let me get this straight: The police arrests Billy Joe Travis during a TV taping, Travis and Luther Biggs during the actual arrest try to make this look like an angle by acting that way, the camera crew decides to shoot the whole thing and they decide to not cut this footage from the show and instead make Brian Christopher take credit for the arrest? Only in wrestling...

• 1 year later...

It was even crazier than that: when the police showed up at the studio, Lawler was actually able to hold them off and talk them into allowing WMC to film everything. Lawler either wielded even more power in the city than anyone could have realized or he was the smoothest talking motherfucker in history, or both. Crazy stuff and it's incredible that Travis and Biggs stay in character for all this.

• GSR changed the title to [1997-06-21-USWA-TV] Billy Travis vs Memphis Police in a shootfight