Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-06-23-WWF-Raw] Interview: Hart Foundation

Loss

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bret runs down Hart Foundation’s opponents at Stampede. He reminds everyone that him and Neidhart are the greatest tag team in history of WWF. Hitman doesn’t like anyone using his nickname and challenges Hearns who is sitting ringside. Completely felt like WWF trying to counter Rodman in WCW and trying to get some mainstream attention. Neidhart takes a big bump for Hearns punch. More than some of the other bumping I’ve seen from him on this yearbook.

• 2 years later...

We open with highlights of the first Triple Threat Match on WWE television--Owen Hart retaining the IC title over Goldust and Triple H. Bret is back! He draws huge heat for declaring him and the Anvil a better tag team than the LOD, then talks about Ken Shamrock coming out of the Ultimate Fairy Championships and brings up four Hart sisters who will keep Marlena in line. Bret finally targets his wrath at another "thief"--Thomas "Hitman" Hearns. Hearns ain't no Dennis Rodman by 1997 in terms of Q rating and I could have done without Ross begging for this to air on SportsCenter, but this is still a good, heated segment.

• 1 year later...

Great promo from Bret as he talks about each of his Canadian Stampede opponents. I loved him saying he & the Anvil are the best tag team of all time in response to LOD's claim. Bret says he's got four sisters who will knock Marlena's socks off if she lays a hand on Davey Boy! I love Bret. Bret calls out Thomas "Hitman" Hearns in the crowd for sharing the same nickname as him. Bret questions Hearns about taking the "Hitman" name & tells him to come to the ring to see who the real one is. Hearns hesitates at first, but Bret calls him a chicken causing him to storm the ring. The heat for this is great. Detroit always has great crowds. They get in each other's face, but the Anvil wants a shot first & gets punched a few times by Hearns & knocked down to a big pop. Hearns goes after Bret but officials break it up. The heat for this is awesome. Great segment.

• GSR changed the title to [1997-06-23-WWF-Raw] Interview: Hart Foundation