Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-06-30-WWF-Raw] Interview: Paul Bearer

Loss

• 1 month later...

Ok, let's recap what we have established in this interview:

- Time period: 1977 (20 years ago)

- There was a funeral home, sitting on a hill, surrounded by beautiful oak trees

- It was a family-owned funeral home with the family upstairs

- The father was the mortician who ran the funeral home, the mother was the receptionist and there were two children, one was Undertaker and the other was named Kane

- The Undertaker's father was an excellent mortician

- The Undertaker was Kane's hero

- Paul Bearer was completing his apprenticeship and going to college at the same time. He worked for Undertaker's father, who taught him everything he knew

- One night, Paul saw the Undertaker and Kane take chemicals from the embalming room and smoke cigarettes outside in secret as he was leaving for his college classes

- He returned to see the funeral home on fire. Undertaker killed his parents and his brother.

We'll check back in on all of this later.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I won't even begin to go over all of this. I know the story & I was still fascinated. I like soap opera wrestling, so I enjoyed this. Basically, the secret is The Undertaker killed his parents & little brother Kane in a fire at their funeral home business. The highlight of this is the "creature of the night" as JR calls her tackling Bearer as he approaches ringside & Bearer loses his temper at the end calling Taker a "GODDAMN MURDERER!" That was great.

• GSR changed the title to [1997-06-30-WWF-Raw] Interview: Paul Bearer