Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-07-12-ECW-TV] Taz and a WWF 'RAW IS WAR' T-Shirt

Loss

• 1 month later...

Taz wants a fan to take off the RAW IS WAR t-shirt he's wearing. This is interspersed with Tommy Dreamer being carted into an ambulance. The crowd chants "Burn The Shirt". Give Paul Heyman credit for tricking these shitheads into thinking that this gesture means anything at all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I know I just made this point, but oh boy, that Taz sure comes off as a badass here. While Cornette and Lawler are laying out the babyfaces he's sitting in the back with this thumb up his rear end, but a fan in the wrong t-shirt? Cue "War Machine!" I'd give anything for Lawler and co. to come back out and re-do the Bill Watts Russian flag angle with this guy.

• 1 year later...

Funny how, while USWA was feuding with ECW, ECW was really feuding with WWF (as Lawler & Corny were of course WWF and nothing else). Hence the burning shirt. What was Taz supposed to do, the show was over, everybody was gone, so why not bully a fan with a stupid RAW is WAR T-shirt so he can burn it in front of the cult ? Bischoff must have dreamt of doing shit like this too. Say what you want, pro-wrestling was more fun during this interpromotionnal war, simply because shit was on. (and yeah, ECW vs WWF was an angle, like all great interpromotionnal stuff, doesn't mean it wasn't fun to watch)

• GSR changed the title to [1997-07-12-ECW-TV] Taz and a WWF 'RAW IS WAR' T-Shirt