Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-09-05-WWF-Friday Night's Main Event] Goldust vs Brian Pillman feud recap

Loss

• 1 month later...

Recap of the Goldust/Brian Pillman feud with Pillman saying Dakota is his love child and the Ground Zero stipulation that Terri Runnels will have to spend 30 days with Pillman if Goldust loses at Ground Zero, while Pillman will leave the WWF. This wraps up with Sunny interviewing Brian Pillman. Pillman makes all sorts of sexual innuendo and shows us a French maid's outfit he plans on her wearing. I hated this feud and stipulation, because no one would ever agree to that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

They should have gone shooty a bit on this one, playing up on the fact Terri used to date Pillman for a while before she met Dustin. If you believe Terri's shoot interview, the pay-off would have been awesome, with Dustin and Terri renewing their vows in a wedding ceremony, only to have Marlena betray Goldust and go back with Pillman, complete with a beatdown and Terri's wedding gown sprayed with blood. Damn, I would have loved this.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

The first obvious Russo feud is here. This is absurd. Pillman tells Goldust Dakota is his love child. Jesus Christ. If Pillman wins at Ground Zero, Marlena has to be with him for 30 days. If he loses, he'll leave the WWF forever. The video is all serious with Dustin sharing his thoughts saying how much he loves his family. Dramatic music plays as the narrator goes on about the possibility of a child being separated from their mother. I'm torn on using children in angles. I like the Raven-Sandman feud, but this seems much worse. Pillman's interview is funny though with lots of good sexual innuendos & Sunny has great facial expressions in response.

• GSR changed the title to [1997-09-05-WWF-Friday Night's Main Event] Goldust vs Brian Pillman feud recap