Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-09-08-WWF-Raw] XXX Files

Loss

• 1 month later...

Recap of Pillman vs Goldust from Ground Zero. Pillman has now acquired the services of Terri Runnels for 30 days and 30 nights as the result of winning a wrestling match. Yes.

Then we get Dude Love vs Brian Pillman in the IC tournament. Sunny is doing ring intros and has no storyline and hasn't all year. It's clear they don't have a clue what to do with her and aren't interested in changing that at all. Goldust will be in the Dude's corner for this match. Well … Brian Pillman calls in and says he won't step foot in the arena until he can be guaranteed a safe work environment.

Instead, he has a Brian Pillman's XXX Files video played. In this one, he's sitting in his hotel exhausted and sitting next to Terri's lingerie. I HATE THIS ANGLE.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I remember liking this angle at the time. Who knows where it would've ended up going if Pillman hadn't died?

Well, I really enjoyed this angle too.

In her shoot interview, Terri said the plan was for her and Dustin to renew their weddings vows after the 30 period. Then during the ceremony, Terri would turn on Dustin and Pillman would attack and bloody him. Terri said she loved the idea of her standing in a bloody wedding dress over Dustin's body while she was getting back with Pillman. They would have played on the fact Terri used to date Pillman before she married Dustin. Sounds like an angle I would have loved. Sadly...

• 1 year later...

I wonder what that guy in the suit outside the Louisville Gardens thought of some weirdo in a gold bodysuit and half-rubbed-off facepaint chasing after a car. Dude Love comes out for a tournament match with Brian Pillman--he's got Goldust to be in his corner, which doesn't sit well with Pillman, who calls in and forfeits instead. I don't hate this angle, though I can see the problems with it, but guys forfeiting matches left and right and bait-and-switches with regard to announced matches does definitely reek of Russo. At the time, injuries sort of necessitated these types of moves but Russo grew to use them as a crutch very quickly. Pillman's XXX Files video does look appropriately sleazy and amateurish.

• 1 year later...

Sunny & Dude dancing on the stage is hilarious. Sunny really did just do random shit for over a year. Dude introduces Goldust as his second in this match so he can see Marlena, but Pillman calls into the show on the tron mic & says he's still in his hotel room with Marlena. We get the first XXX Files with Pillman taunting Goldust. It looks like a brawl happened in that room more than sex. Pillman drops his towel & shows off his Calvin Klein underwear. He makes a sex joke & says there's going to be a live second edition of the XXX Files later tonight. This is dumb.

• GSR changed the title to [1997-09-08-WWF-Raw] XXX Files