Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-09-15-WWF-Raw] Steve Austin and Jerry Lawler

Loss

• 1 month later...

Jerry Lawler is interviewing Steve Austin, I guess because no one else wants to at this point. Lawler tries the pandering approach with Austin before the Hart Foundation -- who it turns out are still alive -- interrupt. Bret calls Austin a hoser and says he's been waiting a long time to use that word. Owen says they've decided to use the American justice system to their advantage and a temporary restraining order on Austin. Lawler is a little overzealous and annoying in trying to read the TRO over Austin's shoulder, and Austin finally stuns him to shut him up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Austin's pops have been loud but this was nuclear when he came out. Amazing that his popularity has grown with him being out of action. I liked the continuing interplay between Austin and the Harts. You could see what was coming with the stunner and King but they played it up well.

• 1 year later...

I'm glad to see some Austin-Hart Foundation interaction again. Makes the Harts feel a little less marginalized. Lawler was pretty funny here, shamelessly kissing up to Austin only for it to end predictably--and the Stunner out of Lawler trying to read over his shoulder was well-done and added a bit of surprise to a result you could see coming.

• 1 year later...

Really good segment. Lawler interviews Austin because I'm assuming others are afraid to at this point. Lawler kisses up to Austin & makes fun of JR & Sarge for getting stunners. Austin talks trash to JR & says he'll whip Vince's ass too. As Austin gets to talking about Owen, the HF come out. Owen has ordered a restraining order on Austin & a legal advisor delivers it to Austin in the ring. Austin's roughs up the guy a little bit before reading the TRO. The HF leave & Lawler starts reading the restraining order over Austin's shoulder which annoys him resulting in stunner to a big pop. I love that the Austin-HF matter is never fully settled. They will always hate each other. These segments are great.

• 1 month later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1997-09-15-WWF-Raw] Steve Austin and Jerry Lawler