Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-09-29-WWF-Raw] DX and the Hart Foundation

Loss

• 2 months later...

I like that Shawn is out with HHH, Chyna and Rude, but Vince only introduces Shawn by name. Shawn keeps flirting with Vince while Vince rolls his eyes. Even as a heel, these two lovebirds can't help themselves. Rude offers Vince protection after eating that stunner last week. Hunter is a charisma vacuum compared to Shawn, even though he was given some shock lines to deliver to cover for that. At this point, they aren't being called DX -- they are just The Clique.

Sgt. Slaughter is out and Shawn and Hunter pretending to be covered in spit the entire time Slaughter talks is hilarious. The Hart Foundation eventually stands at the apron and vows revenge for what they did to Davey Boy at One Night Only. Shawn and HHH do a mocking look of shock and are so easy to hate.

I was at this show and Hunter and Shawn made out of the cameras stopped rolling. Eeer, maybe it made air but they definitely kissed. is this the one?

and Loss I can't tell if you liked Shawn's heel push or not? <_ i think you did but it went too far right>

BTW, you rightly mentioned Bret looking awkward during this feud. He's much better ad libbing/speaking on his feet now. I want a current Bret v 1997 Shawn verbal debate promo. Bret can call him a dickhead and ask him how Vince's "load" tasted

I like it, but at the same time it pushes my buttons and still makes me mad years later. It's like I'm pissed off, but I have to hand it to these guys because I do realize that I'm being worked, if that makes sense. I don't recall Shawn and HHH making out, but I would imagine Vince would be jealous of that.

I don't recall Shawn and HHH making out,

Definitely happened. Must have been off camera as I mentioned. I still remember sitting behind two smarks who talked about Disco Inferno being fired by WCW for refusing to job to jacqueline. Remember that night well. Been to three RAWs and this was by far my favorite

• 2 weeks later...

I fully admit to laughing my ass off when Michaels is trying to avoid Slaughter's spit while he talks. Sarge makes a match for Raw between Triple H and The Undertaker. Shawn finally shows himself as being upset with something regarding Taker but then he goes and annoys me as while he putting over the seriousness of his buddy having to face Undertaker he is still selling the spit from Slaughter. He is so mad to watch right now.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Helmsley is now being referred to directly as "Triple H." He offers some shooty-shoot comments but is overall still a lousy promo. His swearing is about as forced as Shane Douglas'. Helmsley sells shock and horror at being forced to wrestle Undertaker tonight, but quickly forgets about it once the Hart Foundation shows up.

• 1 year later...

Here comes DX. Shawn & HHH are obnoxious as hell here poking at Vince's ear. Rude says Vince should hire him as protection since Austin attacked him last week. HHH is a boring promo & not very good. He & Shawn are night & day here. Sarge comes out. Shawn & Hunter act like they've been showered with spit as he talks in their face. Amusing. Sarge announces Taker-HHH tonight which HHH doesn't like. Then the Hart Foundation show up & say DX will pay for the crime they committed on Davey & the Hart Foundation at One Night Only. Shawn & HHH make fun of Bret's threat & exaggerate being scared. These guys are fucking assholes. Ok segment.

• GSR changed the title to [1997-09-29-WWF-Raw] DX and the Hart Foundation