Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-11-24-Music City Wrestling] Wolfie D vs Flash Flanagan (Ladder)

Loss

• 2 months later...

Flash is now the heel and Wolfie the babyface. He hypes a noose on a pole match between the two. It's not a pre-match promo. It's just an extra clip.

Match only goes about 7 minutes. Sadly not a hidden gem, even though I think it had the potential to eventually get there and what we get is okay. Cool find nonetheless. We'll see these two a few more times in 1997-1998 running the gimmick match gauntlet so I'm hoping for a longer match at some point.

The referee is Jason Jarrett. Who is Jason Jarrett?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The announcer was both infuriating and hilarious to me at the same time. These two are brutalizing each other and this guy is calling it like Jim Nantz at Augusta National. The match itself isn't much at all--both guys work hard but the pace is way too quick and nothing is allowed to breathe. The announcer takes care to mention Jason Jarrett's name so many times that you just know he's going to play a role in the finish, and he does. I don't get what that accomplishes other than to make the babyface a fluke winner and the heel look like an idiot and to get the referee over at the expense of both of them.

• GSR changed the title to [1997-11-24-Music City Wrestling] Wolfie D vs Flash Flanagan (Ladder)