Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-12-01-WWF-Raw] Interview: DX

Loss

• 2 months later...

Shawn is in a wheelchair, which I guess was the in thing for heels to do in 1997. Shawn doesn't seem to have as much heat since Bret left and Hunter is an awful talker. Shawn and Hunter are sucking lollipops and I think this is the show where Shawn sells Shamrock's anklelock without ever spitting out the lollipop. Shawn is off in some other world. He's been so great since the turn and seems to be cooling off now. Anyway, this is where HHH turns Shawn's ankle all the way around. I think I read once that they used the gimmick boot that was built for the original WM13 finish.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Yeah, the wheelchair thing is old now. Especially considering Goldust was doing this shit the previous week. Shawn still can't help but take shots at Bret. He's gone, get the fuck over it already. HHH giggles about how dumb Neidhart is, which is easy enough when you have bookers in your back pocket who book him that way. Shawn sounds like he's on Quaaludes. Another laugh-free segment courtesy of DX.

• 1 year later...

HHH cuts a dumb promo on Neidhart. Shawn is in a wheelchair & talks about how he's been training with Chyna & Hunter on how to withstand Shamrock's ankle lock. He's wearing a gimmick boot & Hunter twists his ankle around while Shawn feigns pain with a lollipop in his mouth the entire time. This is stupid. DX are the most overrated act in WWE history.

• GSR changed the title to [1997-12-01-WWF-Raw] Interview: DX