Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-12-07-WWF-D-Generation X] Goldust and Luna Vachon

Loss

• 2 months later...

Goldust has newly remixed entrance music which sounds really cool. He and Luna are wearing solid pink and Goldust is hilarious before he even says a word. He's even funnier when he starts talking and reads Dr. Seuss in odd voices. People don't really know how to react to this except for to chant "Faggot" in the first state in the union to approve gay marriage. This was some serious button-pushing stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

D-X as a PPV feels comparable to KOTR '94, but not as good. Just a very, very WEIRD vibe throughout--not bad, necessarily, but weird. Like a company in complete turmoil. And yes, it did one of the worst buyrates in company history, so few people saw this. Dustin's delivery is great but the joke sort of peters out really quickly. Luna agrees with me and drags Goldust away before he can finish.

• 10 months later...

These late '97 Goldust & Luna segments have to rank amongst the weirdest shit I've ever seen on a wrestling show. The most likely explanation is that everybody involved in this was on psychedelic drugs. I was trying to explain to a young relative the other day how crazy the attitude era was and decided to show him this as evidence. Probably a mistake.

• 3 months later...

This is hilarious. Goldust wants to express himself so he reads Dr. Seuss. He actually does unique voices for characters. I was cracking up the whole time watching this. Suddenly, Luna shoves him down & says it's time to go dragging him off on his chain leash. TAFKA Goldust is awesome.

• GSR changed the title to [1997-12-07-WWF-D-Generation X] Goldust and Luna Vachon