Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-12-25-Music City Wrestling] Wolfie D vs Flash Flanagan (Texas Death)

Loss

• 2 months later...

Really good match between these two. Cool to finally see them given time. They definitely use the props, but the bigger focus is on the hate. Flanagan caddy corners a table on the top rope and plans a powerbomb, but Wolfie reverses, making Flanagan take a HIGH back body drop in a great spot. This has little heat to start and they manage to get the crowd involved as this continues, so kudos to them. There's blood and violence and these two are sadly casualties of a changing wrestling landscape.

• 2 weeks later...

The announcer refers to Flanagan as Flash Funk! Death matches aren’t my favorite with the pinfalls that wouldn’t normally happen in a regular match. Wrestling on Christmas Day. I’m for guys getting off holidays to be with families but it use to be a big day for wrestling cards. Wolfie is a bloody. Decent match in the end between the two.

• 9 months later...

I thought the opening minutes of this were ho hum and felt like a Wolfie carry job with a stip I dont like as Flash was pinned within two minutes. Then, Wolfie gets busted open and we see some signs of life from Flash. He still does some goofy springboard RVD type spots that dont make a ton of sense but he mixes in some hate and good transitions. The final feels like a battle of nut shots and we get the double knockout, who can be the first to stand up spot as the finish.

• 1 year later...

I honestly didn't see much hate here--I saw the same issues that plagued the previous match in that these guys ran through a bunch of (impressive, admittedly) spots without giving any of them space to breathe. It looked more like an audition tape than a wrestling match. The big climactic fall through the table wasn't all that impressive of a finish either, though admittedly ECW may have ruined tables for me and everyone else by this point.

• GSR changed the title to [1997-12-25-Music City Wrestling] Wolfie D vs Flash Flanagan (Texas Death)