Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-01-18-WCW-Saturday Night] Steven Regal vs Psicosis

Loss

Return match. The last match had Regal shoving the referee out of desperation, keeping his title on a DQ. Psicosis does an incredible wristlock counter that I've never seen and Regal throws some wild punches and a dropkick! About as good as a sub-5 minute match can be. Psicosis made a career out of playing catcher for Rey, but what this match shows me is that he could have done so much more in the U.S. I still like the idea of him teaming with Juventud Guerrera. Anyway, check this out.

Psicosis had some great gear around this time. Return match with Piscosis seeking some revenge. They work at a more feverish pace as a result and have some really nifty stuff to fill out the five minutes. Regal gives a reverse suplex and catches Psicosis with a dropkick. Regal gets a nice win with the stretch.

• 9 months later...

Really good for what is was, but kinda rushed to amount to anything. I agree Psychosis looked more interesting against Regal than against most of the luchadors. With his frame he should have worked more with the guys like Regal, Finlay and Benoit for the TV title instead of playing perenial JTTS oversized cruiserweight. (ditto La Parka).

• 1 year later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1997-01-18-WCW-Saturday Night] Steven Regal vs Psicosis
  • 5 months later...

Shorter, tighter, better match than last week. They definitely looked like they were on the same page this time, whereas the previous week things got a little choppy and awkward at points. For five minutes on the B/C show you can't really ask for much more.