Best of Japan 2000-2009 vote

• Please log in to reply
251 replies to this topic

#241 Superstar Sleeze

Superstar Sleeze
  • Members
  • 2997 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 08:57 PM

I going to submit one and I'll have watched a little north of 200 matches. The end is in sight. 4 more matches to watch for the first time and 5 matches to rewatch. I hear you. During this project I would take weird breaks to watch wrestling as different as possible from this like 1998 WCW. 

#242 Superstar Sleeze

Superstar Sleeze
  • Members
  • 2997 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:27 PM

So I am not saying everyone will have Misawa vs Akiyama as their match of decade for Japan, but do people think that their personal selection for Japan Match of the Decade is the Match of the Decade for the world. I can't think of anything in America from 2000-2009 that would break my top 5 here. I don't watch much Lucha, I know Atlantis vs Villano III could challenge it. So what do people think? Even though it is a down decade for Japan is their best still better than everyone else's?

#243 Graham Crackers

Graham Crackers
  • Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:06 AM

So I am not saying everyone will have Misawa vs Akiyama as their match of decade for Japan, but do people think that their personal selection for Japan Match of the Decade is the Match of the Decade for the world. I can't think of anything in America from 2000-2009 that would break my top 5 here. I don't watch much Lucha, I know Atlantis vs Villano III could challenge it. So what do people think? Even though it is a down decade for Japan is their best still better than everyone else's?

Atlantis vs Villano III is definitely in the running. I haven't watched Santo vs Perro in a while but I remember thinking it was near that level.

#244 Ditch

Ditch
  • Members
  • 1704 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:39 PM

Debating whether to extend the deadline. Wondering if anyone would need it at this point.

#245 Childs

Childs
  • Moderators
  • 4401 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 02:17 PM

How many ballots did you end up getting?

#246 Smack2k

Smack2k
  • Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:31 AM

I would LOVE if you extended this a little longer as I am finally getting into watching these in a quicker manner....

#247 BohsJohnny

BohsJohnny
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:40 AM

SO are the results ever going to see the light of day or did Ditch not get enough ballots.

#248 Alan4L

Alan4L
  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 03:09 AM

I'm pretty sure there were enough ballots but Ditch seems to have disappeared recently. I sent him an email. Hoping he's ok.

#249 Superstar Sleeze

Superstar Sleeze
  • Members
  • 2997 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 12:09 PM

Is Ditch alive? Whatever happened to this? I had a ton of fun doing it so I don't need to see the results, but it would be nice to know what they were.

#250 InYourCase

InYourCase
  • Members
  • 451 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 12:12 PM

I came into the community right after voting ended for this, so I would love to see the results. I've seen most of the matches at this point. Would be interested to see where some of the peak Toryumon and DG ended up. 

#251 Alan4L

Alan4L
  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 04:23 PM

Is Ditch alive? Whatever happened to this? I had a ton of fun doing it so I don't need to see the results, but it would be nice to know what they were.

he's ok. He got a pretty major job in politics and chose to remove himself from online stuff. I'm the same as you, would like to know results but had such a good time doing my list that I don't mind. Here's mine by the way.

http://www.voicesofw...0s-puro-ballot/

#252 joeg

joeg
  • Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 05:20 PM

Yeah wasn't Ditch a strategist for Romney or something? And he's now working at some Congressional think tank or something. I think that's what somebody over at puroresu.tv said back when that place was still around. What I want to know is how much longer is he planning on keeping his sites up. Those might be the single greatest resource for wrestling footage in existence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users