Pro Wrestling Only

WWECW Doesn't Go Away

Matt D

I'm not going week by week, just broad themes.

Cast of characters: Regal had assembled his Ruthless Roundtable of Ezekiel Jackson and Vladmir Koslov. They had been trying to get Christian's belt for basically half a year and failing. Trent Baretta and Caylen Croft had been called up as a tag team. Hawkins, as best as I can remember, was not called up with them and didn't show up on the roster til May. Zach Ryder was still a heel and just beat Dreamer in a feud that sent him out of the company. Daniel Bryan was in developmental basically warming up but ready to be called up at any point. He had just had his match with Kaval in FCW on January 14.

This is what I actually wanted to happen back in January 2010.

Step 1: Hawkins debuts out of nowhere ambushing Ryder with Croft and Baretta as back up. They play up that he's pissed off he's been wallowing in FCW while his former partner's been on the ECW roster.

Step 2: Ryder does the ol' "Will you team with me, Sting?" gimmick with Christian over a span of a few weeks until Christian finally agrees.

Step 3: Ryder/Christian vs Dudebusters ends with Ryder turning on Christian to form an extended Dudebusters, Inc 4-man unit. I actually might put Ryder over as ECW champion here, but to do so would mean that the belt would be on the line in the upcoming 8-man Mania match that I'm about to get to and that seems like a TERRIBLE idea, so let's not.

Step 4: Christian, pissed off and needing back up makes a deal with the devil with Regal's group for an Extreme Rules 8-man tag match at Wrestlemania. The condition is that Christian will have to give a title shot to any member of the Roundtable at Extreme Rules. Christian and company win. On the next ECW Regal introduces his personal protege, Daniel Bryan as his ringer to finally defeat Christian.

That's pretty much all I have. I think I would have enjoyed it more than NXT Season 1.