Pro Wrestling Only

Bryan's quest to Wrestlemania

Jmare007

A lot has been said about how will the WWE be able to not fuck up D-Bry's momentum given how little success they've had with long term booking and big angles in the last few years. Here's my scenario for Bryan to keep his momentum and stretch his quest for the WWE Title until Mania. I think the main thing is trying to give him as many important matches as possible until Royal Rumble as after that the Road to Wrestlemania is quite simpler.

To me, the biggest problem they have is that Orton and Triple H are not enough for Bryan to run through and get to Mania as a hot act. He needs more heels that are established and can generate real heat. So...

The NOC title match has to end with some shenanigans. After that show, D-Bry shouldn't fight for the title until Wrestlemania so The Corporation 2.0 has to screw him out of the belt again.

At "Battleground" I think the best scenario would be a big 8 man tag against The Shield/Orton. At that point there should be some faces willing to fight The Corporation and give more depth to the angle. Also, Shawn Michaels should be introduced as the guy who helps Bryan out, helping him assembling his team and not backing away from HHH's bullying ways... or something like that. Not having a WWE Title match is hard to picture, I know, but they could sell the "Battleground" gimmick as a big gimmicky tag match. Bryan takes a couple of Shield members out but in the end he falls short after HHH helps Orton connect the RKO and get the pin.

At Hell In A Cell it should be either Bryan (with Michaels in his corner) vs HHH (Vince in his corner) or a tag match with Bryan/Shawn vs HHH/Orton. When D-Bry is about to give that running knee to La Nariz, he gets superkicked by Michaels and then pinned by Hunter. This is the most unrealistic scenario as we don't know if Shawn would be willing to work, but what the hell, if there's one guy he could come out of retirement of is his "protege" and his best friend.

Survivor Series you build Bryan vs Michaels as a huge match and give DB his first big PPV win since Summerslam.

TLC doesn't matter that much (at that point you can't lose that much momentum with The Royal Rumble just around the corner). Make him win a match to assure he enters The Rumble. In a perfect world he should defeat La Nariz (who then "screws" Bryan by making him enter #1 even though he fought so hard to make it to that match) but not even fantasy booking can be that delusional :heh:

He wins the Rumble (duh).

Elimination Chamber...if Orton is not the champ, make Bryan beat him there. If not, make him beat any member of The Corporation. It doesn't really matter at that stage, everything is already set up for him to have his big win at Wrestlemania.

Stipulations set-up that Daniel Bryan must go through the Shield to get a title shot at Randy Orton.

September 15, 2013 Night of Champions

v. Reigns

- McMahon’s at ring side, interfere throughout match. Bryan wins with the perfect small package.

October 6, 2013 Battleground

v. Rollins

- McMahon's barred from ringside, Orton dressed as the corporate champion at ringside. Interferes, distracts ref throughout match. Rollins accidentally takes out Orton on big dive, Bryan makes Rollins tap out.

October 27, 2013 Hell in a Cell

v. Ambrose (HITC)

- Stephanie interferes (raises cage/slides sledgehammer under cage) Ambrose hits Bryan for the win.

Post-Raw, during the McMahon celebration a return of Linda or Shane or a New GM, demanding rematch. Stipulations set-up that if Bryan gets a another shot at the title, McMahon's get to pick the opponent.

November 24, 2013 Survivor Series

v. HHH (No DQ)

- Bryan wins by tap out after tons of interference for HHH.

December 15, 2013 TLC

v. Orton

- Orton wins with help from Stephanie

- Raw after TLC, HHH breaks away from McMahon's supporting Bryan

January 26, 2014 Royal Rumble

v. Orton

- Bryan wins with the Boma Yes! knee strike after HHH hits Orton with a sledgehammer.

- Cena wins Rumble after returning

February 23, 2014 Elimination Chamber

v. Orton, Shield, Cena

- Bryan steals pin on Orton after Cena AA.

Vince joins Cena as his representative for control of the company

April 6, 2014 WrestleMania XXX

Bryan (HHH) v. Cena (Vince) v. Orton (Stephanie) Control of the Company

Cena wins

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I've been thinking about Bryan vs Lesnar a lot, so here is my five second booking to both get to that match, and to run the Bryan angle until Mania.

Everything with Summerslam and up until Night of Champions stays the same.

Night of Champions is Orton vs Bryan and goes the exact same way: Bryan hits the knee and wins, but Referee Scott Armstrong fast counts. Hunter strips Bryan the next night, but instead of holding up the title, he gives it back to Randy.

At Battleground, the main event match is Punk vs Ryback & Heyman in some big gimmick to blow off that feud. The Rhodeses win their jobs back vs Rollins & Reigns just the same. Bryan has to beat Ambrose to earn another shot against Randy. Orton is ringside, reluctant stooge Big Show is sent out to stop Bryan, but has his big change of heart and Bryan wins.

Hell in a Cell is Orton defending against Bryan in the Cell, with Shawn as the referee. If Bryan loses, he can never get another title shot. A whole bunch of bullshit happens, Shawn is bumped, the Shield runs in, Show chases them off, Hunter gets involved, and then finally Kane returns from the dead to help his tag team partner Bryan, only SWERVE~ as Kane has sold his soul to the Corporation. Orton wins.

Survivor Series is a big elimination match with the Corporation team of Orton, The Shield and suit-wearing Libertarian Kane vs Bryan, Big Show, the Rhodeses, and possibly Punk as the fifth guy joining the fight. If not, whatever babyface is around. I really feel like this match is theoretically perfect to re-do the Austin/Bischoff asshole finish, so that is always an option, but after being monumentally screwed on the last PPV I think Bryan should win here.

For TLC Bryan aims for personal revenge against Kane, while Show moves into the title picture in his stead vs Orton. Bryan pins Kane, Orton retains against Show.

In the New Year, everyone realises that Bryan's only hope for a title shot is a Rumble win, so Hunter tries to stack the deck against him. Bryan foils him by winning ridiculous qualifying matches, but Hunter gets the last laugh by making him #1. In the Rumble itself Bryan goes the distance, fighting off attacks from the Shield and other Corporation members, and finally winning. Orton probably retains against Show again, or possibly Punk.

Post-Rumble Hunter has the big meltdown and says that if nobody else can get rid of Bryan, he'll do it himself. Bryan has to put his title shot on the line against Hunter at the PPV. At Elimination Chamber, Bryan pins Hunter clean as a fucking sheet. Later, Orton is forced to defend the WWE Title in the Elimination Chamber (by Vince/Board of Directors/etc.), and the winner ends up being none other than the returning BURRAWCK LESSSSNUR.

Next night, Hunter and the Corporation are stunned that a) he lost to Bryan, and B) Orton lost the title. Brock comes out and they tease a confrontation, before SWERVE~ and Hunter reveals his brand new Corporate Champion. A guy that Daniel Bryan couldn't POSSIBLY beat. Game over, heels win.

All of which leads to Wrestlemania 30, Lesnar vs Bryan for the WWE Title. At which point you can either replay Eddie/Lesnar and cement Bryan as he finally wins the title and completes his journey, or have Bryan look like a million bucks in defeat and build to something else down the line.

I haven't taken into account how anyone else fits into the Mania card, or around this angle, nor have I really taken into account reality by saying things like "Hunter' and "clean as a fucking sheet" so close together, but there's an outline anyway.