Pro Wrestling Only

Is it Fine for Someone to Develop an Opinion by Just Reading Results?

Exposer

We know Jerome keeps reminding us he doesn't watch it so why would I care what he thinks about something he has no interest in watching?

I haven't talked regularly about WWE in eons, and the last few times I did was after I did watch the stuff I was commenting on (last one being the debut of the Wyatt family, and the time before that was probably WM). Why I have no interest in watching is because the few time I do I end up thinking it's mostly unwatchable, not because I have decided that I have no interest in it anyway.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You cannot develop an opinion on the quality of something without watching it.

The idea that you can judge something and then complain about it based on some yahoos report and preconceptions is flawed and highly illogical.

Something that baffles me is a growing trend amongst people I know who will willingly watch stuff they proclaim to hate, just so they can complain about it. I actually know people who have grown up as big wrestling fans and as fans of animate sitcoms (Simpsons, Futurama etc.) yet they haven't watched those things hardly at all in YEARS.

Conversely, they continually complain about how terrible the X Factor is yet every single week their twitters and facebooks are packed with their live thoughts on the show. They talk about how much they watch Scrubs but they know the show inside out and keep watching the reruns. And they claim not to care about all the shitty people they used to know from old jobs, college etc, yet know every single detail of what all those people are up to these days. And it INFURIATES me, particularly when I recommend them something, be it a film, a game, an album but they "don't have time." Stop wasting it on shit you hate then!

That's what confuses me about it, a friend of mine will claim to hate a show then ask me if I watched it this week and begin dissecting every little thing about it that he hated, and I'll wonder why he didn't do something he actually enjoys instead.

It's such a disturbing trend because there's a few people I know who do that now. And they'll criticise WWE, TNA, ROH while admitting to not having watched any of them in years.

I think either take is fine. I think having both is what I'm questioning.

I think the quotes are talking about different things. 1, 2 and 5 are talking about criticizing something you have never watched. 3 and 4 are about watching things you don't enjoy.

Well, in all honesty at one point (some time ago, but still) I *was* commenting too much on things I didn't care for too much. That's why at one point I decided I was gonna shut the hell up about it and try to mostly talk about something that was actually fun for me (well, not that WCW 99-01 is exactly *fun* all the time, but you get the point).