Pro Wrestling Only

WON HOF 2013 discussion

pantherwagner

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, as far as I know Hansen never came back. Bobby Jaggers stayed til the end of 88 but I don't think he came back after either. Everyone else came back, some within months. Again, I've always been amazed at how certain wrestlers accounts are taken at face value. If ever there was a situation for people to cover their butts, this was it.

No, but I don't think he would have been able to come back anyway if Brody had not died. He had last appeared nearly two years before in 86 and CSP were no longer NWA members in 87. By 88 he was locked in with JCP and would not have made appearances for a non NWA member. The closest he got was coming in for Carlos Colon's retirement show in 08. His appearance was nixed by WWE and he ended up sending a video message congratulating Colon where he spent half the time talking about the post show partying they used to do (with Carlos looking half embarrassed, probably hoping Flair wouldn't get him in hot water with his wife). I got the impression that if it had been up to Flair he would have come back just for that.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure if Dory Funk Jr. ever came back to wrestle, but he still sent some of his students over here. Giant Warrior and Nitron were referred to Carlos Colon by Dory.

• 2 months later...