Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-10-27-WCW-Nitro] Chris Benoit vs Fit Finlay

Loss

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I liked this even more than the Eddy match. Billy Silverman has had some great assignments the last two days. Nitro is three hours for some reason. Finlay does a couple of little things that are just fantastic here like his leg lock take down and the step on Benoit's stomach to the climb the ropes that Kevin mentioned. The punch to the post looked like it hurt tremendously to. Just a clobbering seven minute tv match.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Chris Benoit vs Fit Finlay - WCW Nitro 10/27/97

HOLY SHIT! DEM CHOPS! I love Tony describing Benoit as seemingly having a personal grudge with every single opponent. Benoit just blasts his way through Finlay early. Not even an eye poke is going to stop the Rabid Wolverine. Finaly BLASTS Benoit with a forearm on the outside. Holy fucking shit! Finlay drops him throat first across the railing. Benoit does not know how to quit starts throwing chops so Finlay responds with a double leg scissor takedown. Fierce! Finlay steps on Benoit's midsection to get to the top rope for the Vaderbomb and Benoit gets his foot on the ropes. They take it to the outside and Finaly WHACKS his hand hard against the post. FUCK! I was shaking my own hand in pain. Finlay is just going full steam ahead, but eats turnbuckle on the shoulder tackle. Benoit pounces with a German Suplex/Diving Headbutt for the win. The Eddie match had the better crowd (not by much, Benoit was over) and the better character work, but this match actually had selling and Benoit coming from underneath. I am taking the Eddie match for Eddie being in such a great heel groove, but it is damn close. ***1/2

• 11 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1997-10-27-WCW-Nitro] Chris Benoit vs Fit Finlay