Pro Wrestling Only

Most boring wrestler of all time?

Mr. Lacelle

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am shocked that people actually think Triple H is the most BORING WRESTLER OF ALL TIME. I guess saying the old saying 'It's horses for courses' is quite apt right now.

I've never heard of that saying but I'll stick with Triple H :D

Triple H has bored me for the longest amount of time. Take 7-10 minutes off of almost every big match he's had for the past 12-15 years and I wouldn't have too much of a problem with him.

I am shocked that people actually think Triple H is the most BORING WRESTLER OF ALL TIME. I guess saying the old saying 'It's horses for courses' is quite apt right now.

I've never heard of that saying but I'll stick with Triple H :D

Triple H has bored me for the longest amount of time. Take 7-10 minutes off of almost every big match he's had for the past 12-15 years and I wouldn't have too much of a problem with him.

So using that criteria, because his matches run too long for your tastes he is the most boring of all time?

I liked the Enforcers run. Zbyszko vs Saito is definitely not the match that will make me a fan. At some point early next year I need to catch up with my 80s AWA, though.

I would point you to the Bruno vs. Larry stuff from 1980, but so far that's been carried more by the promos than by the matches in my view.

I am not convinced AWA would turn you round on him either -- the Bock matches are fun, they have a very fun dynamic (master heel vs. master heel jr.) -- but I don't know if they'll make you a fan.

The point here is more that he's not "the most boring wrestler of all time". That's all you need convincing of.

So using that criteria, because his matches run too long for your tastes he is the most boring of all time?

Yes absolutely. Triple H is on screen way too much given his talent level. That's as good of criteria as any on an opinion question. He bores the hell out of me!

As for that saying, there's also plenty of American sayings I've never heard of either :lol:

In thinking about this original topic, I came to the conclusion that I don't find that many wrestlers boring per say. There are plenty that I don't think were good workers for extended periods of time (IRS, Kimala, Inoki) but they could from time to time step up and have some great performances.

Yes absolutely. Triple H is on screen way too much given his talent level. That's as good of criteria as any on an opinion question. He bores the hell out of me!

As for that saying, there's also plenty of American sayings I've never heard of either :lol:

Well I can't argue with your opinion I guess.

*cough*but you're wrong*cough* ;)

The Steve Williams and Terry Gordy tag team. They are fine as singles wrestlers. If you like long front facelocks, this is your team.

Glad someone else said this. I'm with you there Loss. Dreading sitting through GAB 92 agian for this reason.

Oh Parv, Oh Loss. I loved there WCW run in 1992 and feud with The Steiners. I also loved their match vs. Misawa and Kawada in Jan '93 for the tag straps in AJ.

The Steve Williams and Terry Gordy tag team. They are fine as singles wrestlers. If you like long front facelocks, this is your team.

Glad someone else said this. I'm with you there Loss. Dreading sitting through GAB 92 agian for this reason.

Oh Parv, Oh Loss. I loved there WCW run in 1992 and feud with The Steiners. I also loved their match vs. Misawa and Kawada in Jan '93 for the tag straps in AJ.

I did too. You should see their other few dozen matches.

Gave this a little more thought and came to an answer: Roderick Strong. This person came on board with a bunch of backbreaker variations in 2004 and in the 9 years since has done......? to alienate from that. No variation of evolving of his style, just rinse and repeat. I can almost call all of his spots in the rare match of his I watch.

BJ Whitmer used to bore the shit out of me. He'd be working these go-go-go matches with a load of highspots and dozens of near falls and it would still be ridiculously dull and tiresome. So little natural charisma or personality, horrible look as well. One of the blandest, paint by numbers indie wrestlers you will ever see.

He had no concept of pacing either - he'd work the second match on the card exactly the same as the main event, with a million false finishes and spots. Or maybe that was just the whole of ROH at that time. Still, he was and presumably is completely soporific.

Gave this a little more thought and came to an answer: Roderick Strong. This person came on board with a bunch of backbreaker variations in 2004 and in the 9 years since has done......? to alienate from that. No variation of evolving of his style, just rinse and repeat. I can almost call all of his spots in the rare match of his I watch.

Not seen him for years, but he was involved in some great matches from 2004-2006. The two title bouts with Danielson especially stand out, and there were a ton of fun Generation Next tags, as well as his team with Jack Evans which was really fun while it lasted. That those matches being great was majorly down to his opponents and partners, true, but can someone be the most boring wrestler of all time and be in so many enjoyable matches?

He has had some great matches though, I know this is going back a bit now but his trilogy with Bryan in 05/06 was brilliant!