• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

#41 cheapshot

cheapshot

The chap they call Allan.

• Members
  • 1063 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:48 AM

The Steve Williams and Terry Gordy tag team. They are fine as singles wrestlers. If you like long front facelocks, this is your team.

Glad someone else said this. I'm with you there Loss. Dreading sitting through GAB 92 agian for this reason.

Oh Parv, Oh Loss. I loved there WCW run in 1992 and feud with The Steiners. I also loved their match vs. Misawa and Kawada in Jan '93 for the tag straps in AJ.

#42 BrickHithouse

BrickHithouse
  • Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:49 AM

Man, nothing is agreeing with cheapshot today :lol:

#43 cheapshot

cheapshot

• Members
  • 1063 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:56 AM

Man, nothing is agreeing with cheapshot today :lol:

I think I'm just having one of those days! :rolleyes:

#44 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 44069 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:10 AM

The Steve Williams and Terry Gordy tag team. They are fine as singles wrestlers. If you like long front facelocks, this is your team.

Glad someone else said this. I'm with you there Loss. Dreading sitting through GAB 92 agian for this reason.

Oh Parv, Oh Loss. I loved there WCW run in 1992 and feud with The Steiners. I also loved their match vs. Misawa and Kawada in Jan '93 for the tag straps in AJ.

I did too. You should see their other few dozen matches.

#45 WingedEagle

WingedEagle
  • Members
  • 5595 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:16 AM

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell its the Big Show! Maybe not most boring ever, but outside of working with Bryan & Henry, and getting destroyed by the Shield, I don't recall the last time I found him remotely interesting.

#46 bradhindsight

bradhindsight
  • Moderators
  • 1574 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:17 AM

^ His stuff with Sheamus was pretty damn good.

#47 cheapshot

cheapshot

• Members
  • 1063 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:21 AM

^ His stuff with Sheamus was pretty damn good.

I loved the GIANT chair spot that was used in that feud.

#48 soup23

soup23
  • Moderators
  • 10652 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:30 AM

Gave this a little more thought and came to an answer: Roderick Strong. This person came on board with a bunch of backbreaker variations in 2004 and in the 9 years since has done......? to alienate from that. No variation of evolving of his style, just rinse and repeat. I can almost call all of his spots in the rare match of his I watch.

#49 anarchistxx

anarchistxx
  • Members
  • 1641 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:10 AM

BJ Whitmer used to bore the shit out of me. He'd be working these go-go-go matches with a load of highspots and dozens of near falls and it would still be ridiculously dull and tiresome. So little natural charisma or personality, horrible look as well. One of the blandest, paint by numbers indie wrestlers you will ever see.

He had no concept of pacing either - he'd work the second match on the card exactly the same as the main event, with a million false finishes and spots. Or maybe that was just the whole of ROH at that time. Still, he was and presumably is completely soporific.

Gave this a little more thought and came to an answer: Roderick Strong. This person came on board with a bunch of backbreaker variations in 2004 and in the 9 years since has done......? to alienate from that. No variation of evolving of his style, just rinse and repeat. I can almost call all of his spots in the rare match of his I watch.

Not seen him for years, but he was involved in some great matches from 2004-2006. The two title bouts with Danielson especially stand out, and there were a ton of fun Generation Next tags, as well as his team with Jack Evans which was really fun while it lasted. That those matches being great was majorly down to his opponents and partners, true, but can someone be the most boring wrestler of all time and be in so many enjoyable matches?

#50 ajsmith_7

ajsmith_7
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:10 AM

He has had some great matches though, I know this is going back a bit now but his trilogy with Bryan in 05/06 was brilliant!

#51 RyanClingman

RyanClingman
  • Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:19 AM

For whatever reason I find Antonio Inoki to be very boring most of the time.

#52 Badlittlekitten

Badlittlekitten
  • Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:24 AM

Curtis Axel's in for a good shout.

#53 Mando

Mando
  • Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:44 AM

I haven't seen enough of Larry Zbyszko's prime stuff to have much of a stake in it but I will say in his defense that a few years ago when I still had ESPN Classics I caught a match on AWA against a jobber (don't recall his name) that went like 12+ min. and Larry made the schlep look like a million bucks.

#54 Matt D

Matt D

4:40

• Members
  • 11239 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:52 AM

Curtis Axel's in for a good shout.

I like him as fired up babyface, actually.

And Big Show is one of the best wrestlers on the roster and has been for the last many, many years.

#55 shoe

shoe
  • Moderators
  • 9155 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:12 PM

I'm going to say Crush. He was a bland baby face, boring heel, and an uninspiring wrestler.

#56 ajsmith_7

ajsmith_7
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:19 PM

I'm going to say Crush. He was a bland baby face, boring heel, and an uninspiring wrestler.

Great shout!

#57 BrickHithouse

BrickHithouse
  • Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:28 PM

Yes! Crush is the best example yet. Nice work, shoe.

#58 mookeighana

mookeighana

mookieghana

• Members
  • 492 posts
  • Interests:Wrestling. Math. Improv. Wrestlenomics.

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:30 PM

My initial thought was (like a few others have posted) Dory Funk Jr. However, I realized two things: (a) his height was a generation me so that's one reason his style might not be my cup of tea (i'm sure watching Bull Hefmer and Everette Marshall go an hour in 1932 would also seem boring today) (B) when your brother is terry funk and has the charisma of 60 men, you're always going to seem exceptionally bland by comparison. I can't go along with the HHH hate. Yes, there's certainly been some stinkers where he went WAY too long with guys (vs. Kevin Nash at Bad Blood 03 comes to mind) but there's a least of dozen matches of his that I love (San Jose RAW tag, cactus jack feud, batista feud, taker WM). You can credit his opponents with some uptick in quality and editing, but he's fine. Even terrible musclehead wrestlers like Zeus or Ahmed Johnson (or freakshow Giant Gonzalez/Giant Khali/Raja Lion) can be fun to watch in that trainwreck cringeworthy way. (Side note: Wiki page on "tallest professional wrestlers" lists "Terrible Ted". Under notes it just reads, "bear". Love it.) For me, a boring wrestler can be one of those bottom-of-the-card guys who I just can't find anything interesting to watch. More often that not, it seems like they're employed partially as a family favor. I'm talking about the Tiger Ali Singh, David Sammartino, Shawn Stasiak and Horace Hogans.

#59 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 44069 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:37 PM

I like Terry Taylor more than most, but some would argue Terry Taylor. Remember, someone can be good and still be boring. Shane Douglas would be my other pick. If he knew how to make his point without going on and on for a half hour, maybe he wouldn't be so bad. The Godwinns are boring.

#60 cheapshot

cheapshot

• Members
  • 1063 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:46 PM

I'm talking about the Tiger Ali Singh, David Sammartino, Shawn Stasiak and Horace Hogans.

I think a "how did they get a job" thread would apply to these chaps. Nepotism may be the answer however.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users