Photo

WELCOME TO RAW IS...Oh, sorry habit, TALK IS JERRRIIICHO!

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 SteveJRogers

SteveJRogers
  • Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:22 PM

AND YOUR ITUNES FEED WILL NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRR! BE THE SAME! AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

It airs Wednesdays, Steve Austin is the first guest.

Talk Is Jericho

#2 Zero

Zero

World's Strongest

• Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:50 AM

Jericho isn't quite the natural Austin was. It picked up a bit during the Austin interview though.

#3 flyonthewall2983

flyonthewall2983
  • Members
  • 2637 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:43 PM

He'll find his feet with the more shows he does, though I can't imagine how podcasting would be any different than radio (which he's done for awhile now, too).

#4 Migs

Migs
  • Members
  • 1118 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:43 PM

Didn't see a thread... figure it's worth discussing. Finally catching up on this - on the second part of the Austin interview. Love Austin telling Jericho to watch the ECW doc Barbed Wire City - it feels like Austin spends almost as much time as some of us here watching old wrestling, which is cool. Jericho's a solid interviewer, but his intros are lacking a bit - feels like he needs someone to bounce off of, like Austin has his buddies.

#5 goodhelmet

goodhelmet
  • Admins
  • 18955 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:51 PM

As a KISS fan, loved the Eddie Trunk interview.

#6 SteveJRogers

SteveJRogers
  • Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:59 PM

Didn't see a thread... figure it's worth discussing.

Finally catching up on this - on the second part of the Austin interview.

Love Austin telling Jericho to watch the ECW doc Barbed Wire City - it feels like Austin spends almost as much time as some of us here watching old wrestling, which is cool.

Jericho's a solid interviewer, but his intros are lacking a bit - feels like he needs someone to bounce off of, like Austin has his buddies.

Really Migs? Still on the first page... WELCOME TO RAW IS...Oh, sorry habit, TALK IS JERRRIIICHO!, Chris Jericho's new weekly pod =;)

#7 goodhelmet

goodhelmet
  • Admins
  • 18955 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:52 PM

Merged the topics

#8 goodhelmet

goodhelmet
  • Admins
  • 18955 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:40 PM

OK, loved the show talking about the Beatles. Not as good as the one I did with Johnny Sorrow back in the day but I can always listen to a good Beatles podcast. 

#9 Zero

Zero

World's Strongest

• Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:10 PM

Not as good as the one I did with Johnny Sorrow back in the day but I can always listen to a good Beatles podcast. 

What!? Did I miss a Beatles podcast? 

#10 goodhelmet

goodhelmet
  • Admins
  • 18955 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:16 PM

It is in the ether. Johnny, his old co host Brian and I ran down every Beatles album. If you heard us live, you heard the show. 

#11 Johnny Sorrow

Johnny Sorrow
  • Members
  • 4526 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:17 PM

Our very own Harrington getting the big talk on Jericho's show. Lol, it's great.

#12 goodhelmet

goodhelmet
  • Admins
  • 18955 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:35 AM

What are you talking about?

#13 Johnny Sorrow

Johnny Sorrow
  • Members
  • 4526 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:23 AM

Jericho goes over one of big list of stats and is impressed

#14 WrestlingPower

WrestlingPower
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 459 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:44 AM

I finally had time to dig into these podcasts.  LOVING the Austin shows, very easy to listen to & the time just flies by.

#15 bradhindsight

bradhindsight
  • Moderators
  • 1568 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:09 AM

On the Rob Van Dam episode of the Jericho show, he talks through Mookie's W/L sheet (5 minute mark)

#16 mookeighana

mookeighana

mookieghana

• Members
  • 492 posts
  • Interests:Wrestling. Math. Improv. Wrestlenomics.

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:51 PM

On the Rob Van Dam episode of the Jericho show, he talks through Mookie's W/L sheet (5 minute mark)

Yeah, Jericho gave me the most unexpected cameo in awhile. Y2J was talking about the 2013 W/L records that Dave reprinted in the 2/17/14 Observer so he has fun going through and talking about who a lot (Cena) and lost a lot (Aksana) as well as speculate on exactly what type of person would assemble records like this. Between about 4:30 and 12:30 he says my name like four times. Woohoo!

#17 Zero

Zero

World's Strongest

• Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:51 PM

The Rey episode is awesome. If you haven't checked it out, go listen. 

#18 The Chief

The Chief
  • Members
  • 1599 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:52 AM

Gotta love this mouthbreather trying to convince Jericho that the Lesnar/Taker finish was changed on the fly in the ring.

Other than that, part 2 of the Rey interview was great. I actually don't remember Rey ever talking in this type of setting before, I don't think he did any shoots from the time he left WCW until joining WWE. Some good stories. One thing I found interesting is that Rey thinks he's got about three years left before he hangs it up. He mentioned how he can't springboard anymore because his knees will not bend that far so he needs to compensate by climbing the ropes instead. Kind of depressing to hear, I love Rey and hope he doesn't work himself into a wheelchair by hanging on too long.

#19 goodhelmet

goodhelmet
  • Admins
  • 18955 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:30 PM

Rey did a shoot with RF. Still, love to hear him talk with Jericho. Great interview. 

#20 The Chief

The Chief
  • Members
  • 1599 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:14 PM

Santino was today's guest and it was surprisingly good. Santino tells the entire history of his character without dropping kayfabe and it's much funnier than you would expect. It's kind of refreshing for somebody to stay in character all the time. I'm not a Santino fan, but if they let him act like this on TV I could get behind him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users