WWE Hall of Fame 2014

goodhelmet

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their is no way Warrior can follow T.

Boy you called that wrong.
I don't know about that. Mr. T going on about his mom, and non-rapist brothers for 30+ tops Warrior's speech where he was all over the place on his agenda for craziest speech of the night.

Not really. Mr. T had a great speech, don't get me wrong, Christ and your mother are probably the two most important people in your life so I think dedicating your entire speech to them is great, but I think Warrior handled himself well, said everything he wanted to say, set the record straight on a lot of things, and showed a sense of humor (the humor in T's speech was all the unintentional variety). I can't argue he wasn't all over the place because every acceptance speech is, but I have no clue how you can possibly say he had an agenda for craziest speech of the night. He was the exact opposite of that. People expected him to come out and shoot on everyone, but beyond a few jabs he was pretty professional. If I didn't know better, I'd say you didn't watch Warrior's acceptance speech and posted that response based on what you figured he'd do. Now I know that's not true, but that's how far off your account of it seems to me.

When I said agenda I worded it wrong. I was referring more that he had an ax to grind with some things like the DVD, Jerry McDevitt, and Ted Dibiase Sorry for wording it poorly it was late. . I liked Warrior's speech. Going in though a lot of people thought their was a chance of a meltdown. Obviously the 5 year old DVD bothered him. He did rewrite history at times. Him propping up make a wish when their was that story in Bret's book about skipping out on a make a wish kid and family who were waiting on him in the hallway . Again it's who you believe has more credibility. Again a guy who legally changes his name to Warrior you might think he might give a bat shit crazy speech. I liked his speech. Personally I thought Jake's was the most heart felt. So it resonated the most to me. Who had the best speech is all based on opinion. Mr. T's was funny in that crazy sort of way. The fact he did this long ass speech to wrestlers and fans was funny. Other audiences might have shit all over him for content and the fact he wrestled 1 tag match, worked a boxing match, and was a special referee so he might not have earned all that time to give that speech. To me Mr,T's speech was great , but wrapped up in crazy. My point was that Warrior's speech couldn't be as crazy as Mr.T's . It wasn't . Besides some credibility issues ,and most wrestlers have credibility issues Warriors speech was good. I also don't think Warrior intentionally wanted to do a crazy speech . Sometimes I think he can't help himself . Here he did a good job for the most part .

Considering where Hall and Waltman were just a few years ago, the Kliq reunion was a damn pretty cool sight. DDP was pretty great, and he deserves shitloads of credits. Although I never cared for Lita, I thought she was pretty cool herself with all those stories. But damn, watching all those guys make me feel old. Taker's tribute to Paul Bearer was classic.

Watching the Red Carpet now...

Hulk Hogan - Bullshit or foreshadowing? Hogan said he got to flip some switches and make some changes as host so he may change some stipulations or match endings.

Poor Jimmy Hart ... standing behind Hulk Hogan trying to get his head in on the Hogan family portrait.

Roddy Piper needs to get over his Mr. T hate. The man spoke for 30 minutes about his mother, there is no other.

Otunga and Jennifer Hudson standing behind the Usos doesn't seem right. Hudson is the most famous person in the building.

Dutch really needs to be in the Hall of Fame.

Just watched the HOF, and for a 3.5 hour show it flew by. DDP, Jake and Hall were the highlights and it was so great to see them turn their lives around. DDP deserves all the success he can find for legit saving those guys. I love this business, this week and am absolutely amped for tonight. For one night they drop the wink/nod antics and while its framed around honoring greats in the business, I think its also a nice, sincere way to reward those fans who are otherwise made to feel like jokes much of the time.

Question: Where did Nick Hogan disappear to midway through the show?

Otunga and Jennifer Hudson standing behind the Usos doesn't seem right. Hudson is the most famous person in the building.

Agreed that they should have been given more prominent positioning, but there's no way Hudson was even close to being the most famous person in the building. A few years ago, maybe - but certainly not now. Hulk Hogan and Mr. T are both more well known than her, and that's just for starters. But I don't want to turn this into another Hogan/Taker/Molly Ringwald thread. :P

Edited to add: Now that you mention it, the seating in general was weird. Randy Orton was not in the front row (he's the World Champ) but Daniel Bryan was (a good sign...I hope). Several other examples of that: DiBiase seemed to be way in the back... I could go on and on, but I can't remember the other instances.

For the audience, she was definitely the least famous person in the building. However, Jennifer Hudson being interviewed might get the WWE actual real coverage from real media outlets. Hogan and T aren't going to get you that in this day and age.

Agreed. It's possible Hudson asked not to be interviewed and just wanted to attend the show "as a fan" (be there for her husband). Regardless, they definitely should have emphasized her presence a whole lot more. I didn't even realize she was there until I saw your post.