Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Hall of Fame 2014

goodhelmet

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone's going to say Warrior was a great wrestler. I personally think he was very good at following direction and could be managed in a match. Also, plenty of charisma. As a kid, plenty of excitement. Great theme. I think the people who have gone through the 90-91 yearbooks were probably glad the insane promos were on there from a "can't look away" standpoint.

Moreover, I think plenty of people enjoy just how nuts he is and how much he drinks his own koolaid. He's an amazing character and this will be a spotlight for him to speak about destructicity or whatever else.

100% the best thing about our community over the last ten years or so is that we've learned to enjoy and appreciate things that aren't just workrate, so long as we're honest about what we're enjoying and why we're enjoying it.

I honestly think it'll be one of Punk, Cena or Phil Collins. Collins is genuinely a wrestling fan and worked with him, so why not? Just waiting now for Ted DiBiase to rescind his membership...

Given some of Dibiase's tweets, I'm shocked he and Warrior can't find common ground. Well in fairness, I'm not certain if Dibiase has been vociferously anti-gay.

I'll be stunned if Jake Roberts isn't inducted this year. Maybe Magnum T.A. And sentimentally, I wouldn't mind seeing Kamala inducted either (since he hails from very close to the Mid-South wrestling footprint.)

I bet there is at least one guy on the roster who was a huge Warrior fan as a kid who would be happy to induct him. Hie peers? Probably not.

Daniel Bryan, no joke

Yeah, that was my thought as well. I ran into Bryan at a diner after an ROH show a long time ago and all we did was talk about the Ultimate Warrior (Bryan even had his Ultimate Warrior shirt on).

I think Vince should induct him, but I doubt Vince has it in him to give Warrior the tribute he deserves

I like the Bryan idea. It should probably be someone who grew up watching WWF and was a huge Warrior mark. He seems to fit that bill. Bryan is almost the same age as me, and I know for people our age who grew up with the WWF in the 80's Ultimate Warrior was a big deal. I can't think of anyone on the current roster better than him to do it.

I don't think Warrior will give the insane acceptance speech people are predicting either. He seems to have chilled out a lot since his "QUEERING DON'T MAKE THE WORLD WORK" days, and that was the same time frame where he was chasing faded glory and doing random matches. He's still a legitimately crazy and unpredictable man so you never know, but on the Sherri Martel/Bob Backlund scale he'll barely register, IMO. I think WWE believes that too or else this never be happening. He's at the point in his life where he's just happy to be remembered and celebrated

It's a lock that Jake is going in this year, beyond that I don't know. Freebirds and Magnum make sense. Taker and Paul Bearer will be a a package deal but I assume they're holding off on Taker for a while. Savage obviously should already be in, but with Warrior as the headliner that means no Savage this year. Goldberg maybe. It's been long rumored, and will happen eventually. I do think they're going to want some big guns with it being WMXXX....so I can't rule anyone out really

He seems to have chilled out a lot since his "QUEERING DON'T MAKE THE WORLD WORK" days, and that was the same time frame where he was chasing faded glory and doing random matches.

Those instances were several years apart. And Warrior was certainly not chasing fading glory. In almost two decades he had one match (not even on US soil) for a upstart (and subsequently over saturated and killed market) in Spain. He was very vocal about why he did hat match and none of the reasons amounted him to being a glory hound.

Guest The Jiz

Warrior's not clinically crazy. He's a guy who does and says things on his own terms. People like that always get looked at as weird by society. Too bad. Society is more colorful with people like that.

Warrior's not clinically crazy. He's a guy who does and says things on his own terms.

And some of those terms happened to be homophobic and racist.

Anyone remember this?:

On WWE's Invitation to Appear on Byte This: "Of course, I do NOT accept this brainless, disgraceful invitation. F*** NO, I do not. You can rescue yourself, Vince. Do your own damage control. I've no ear for your begging anymore. Only if you were on fire would I help you -- it'd just be too hard to resist pissing on you. Open mic? Then let it truly be open. Let your audience have some fresh air. Flush the toilet bowl once. Let them hear something intelligent, decent and truthful for once. Give them, Vince, what they want -- just like you are always bragging the WWE does. Let them be proud for just a few moments that the energetic, intense and colorful Ultimate Warrior persona they loved when they were little kids didn't become a self-pitying, disappointing, broken-down has-been like all the other brittle-minded skeletons traipsing around your locker rooms or now buried in forgotten about graves. Order the queer and the cripple who host the show to read what I have written here and here, and while they do that have them hold up mirrors looking at themselves so they can know exactly the kind of people in your organization I'm writing about. No apologies -- I don't discriminate for the handicapped who sign on to behave degenerately."

And yes, he had every right to be mad about the DVD. Didn't mean he should have stooped to their level and insulted two guys doing their job.

Guest The Jiz

Warrior's not clinically crazy. He's a guy who does and says things on his own terms.

And some of those terms happened to be homophobic and racist.

Anyone remember this?:

On WWE's Invitation to Appear on Byte This: "Of course, I do NOT accept this brainless, disgraceful invitation. F*** NO, I do not. You can rescue yourself, Vince. Do your own damage control. I've no ear for your begging anymore. Only if you were on fire would I help you -- it'd just be too hard to resist pissing on you. Open mic? Then let it truly be open. Let your audience have some fresh air. Flush the toilet bowl once. Let them hear something intelligent, decent and truthful for once. Give them, Vince, what they want -- just like you are always bragging the WWE does. Let them be proud for just a few moments that the energetic, intense and colorful Ultimate Warrior persona they loved when they were little kids didn't become a self-pitying, disappointing, broken-down has-been like all the other brittle-minded skeletons traipsing around your locker rooms or now buried in forgotten about graves. Order the queer and the cripple who host the show to read what I have written here and here, and while they do that have them hold up mirrors looking at themselves so they can know exactly the kind of people in your organization I'm writing about. No apologies -- I don't discriminate for the handicapped who sign on to behave degenerately."

And yes, he had every right to be mad about the DVD. Didn't mean he should have stooped to their level and insulted two guys doing their job.

That has nothing to do with whether or not he's crazy. Being homophobic or racist isn't a criteria for mental illness.

Concerning his quote, Warrior's entitled to say what he pleases and people often say much worse when they're upset over something, including rich white kids hanging out at college bars for lack of impulse control. A lot of people would be pissed if your former employer who you made money for buried your entire career and using every company tool to rip on you in the process, as if anyone in the world should care what wrestlers think since they act no better than an amplified version of infantile high school politics. Warrior was obviously always an outsider, and he sealed his fate by leaving the company whenever he felt like it, often using extortion to do so, and he doesn't treat the business as sacrosanct, which upsets a bunch of turned-junkies who end up coming back time and again even 10 years after their useful shelf life has expired when they could have gotten a real estate license instead, and then they turn up dead, where much of the responsibility rests on the guy who started the hatchet job. And wrestlers, like trained circus animals, just sing the company tone and call Warrior an untalented philistine.

Usually in life, there is rarely black and white to an issue. In fact, it's childish and anti-human to even think issues can be seen so binarily. It's far more often a case of shades of grey, and this is an issue that's just entertaining viewing from affair because really, neither side lost serious money, one guy is living reasonably well and somewhat quietly, and another guy who at the age of 60 (roughly at the time) still acts as petty as a 21 year old to settle the score with some guy who made him subservient hitherto 10 years prior. It's all an lol from man-children where Warrior, despite how relentless his words can be, looks even better than his attacker, Vince.