Pro Wrestling Only

[2007-01-21-NOAH-First Navigation] Mark & Jay Briscoe vs Ricky Marvin & Kotaro Suzuki

Loss

• 5 months later...

I went in expecting this to be exactly what it was. A really nice collection of nifty double teams, odd looking submissions, cutting edge suplex variations and high flying spots. And hey, they threw some elbows back and forth to tie it all together. This...won't be getting a vote.

• 1 month later...

GHC Jr. Heavyweight Champions Briscoes vs. Kotaro Suzuki & Ricky Marvin - NOAH 1/21/07

Nothing screamed 2007 more than a double 619 until they busted out the Springboard Shining Wizard Doomsday Device. If I see another dropsault it will be too damn soon. The excessive jumping into moves is incredibly annoying. Was the Briscoe basically doing a moonsault before the back drop driver even finished supposed to be a bad social commentary joke on the state of 2007 wrestling? I could have sworn the ring said NOAH, but why I am watching TNA. These four give clubbering a bad name. They treat every forearm, stomp, kick, slap as a perfunctory device to get them to their next inconsequential highspot. Watch Yoshihiro Takayama or Dragon Gate! Either make every move count or just commit to a spotfest don't try to pretend to be having a wrestling match when you want to have a gymnastics competition. The best spot of this match was when a Briscoe shoved Marvin out of the ring for breaking up a pinfall. It is the only time I thought I was watching an actual contest where someone wanted to win. It actually had heat to it. Instead they needed to get in every shitty move ever invented after 2000 instead of building heat. The match sucked as a spotfest and a pro wrestling match.

• GSR changed the title to [2007-01-21-NOAH-First Navigation] Mark & Jay Briscoe vs Ricky Marvin & Kotaro Suzuki