Pro Wrestling Only

[2010-05-30-FUTEN] Makoto Hashi vs Rui Hiugaji

Loss

• 1 year later...

I only know of Rui Hyugaji as the guy who pulled out of the UK Michinoku Pro shows due to an injury a few years back and today I found out that I missed out and that he's pretty fucking good. He's a young lion with something to prove and he rushes Hashi at the start of the bell with a barrage of slaps. These guys tee off on each other and they cram all that into a great little sub-ten minute match. There isn't much of a ground game here and it's more focused on stand-up strikes and flash suplexes, so I'd say it's a great start for someone who wants to get accustomed to shoot style, but finds the idea of watching a match mostly fought on the ground a bit daunting.
★★★¾

• 7 months later...

Makoto Hashi vs Rui Hyugaji - FUTEN 5/30/10

This reminded me of the fights my sisters had years ago growing up. Ok that might be a little disrespectful, but there was a lot of slapping, which I found more humorous than violent I have to admit. Hyugaji charging at Makoto at the opening bell was a great start. He was gassed after that and Hashi grabbed a leg bar. Then they slapped each other really had for like three minutes. Hyugaji hit one of the all time deadliest closed fists I have ever seen. They trade suplexes and Hyugaji gets the worse for ware. He is out on his feet. Easy pickins for Hashi who slaps him around a bit before choking his bitch ass out. It was good, but pretty surprised this was considered a top ten Japan match of 2010. ***

• GSR changed the title to [2010-05-30-FUTEN] Makoto Hashi vs Rui Hiugaji