• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 cheapshot

cheapshot

The chap they call Allan.

• Members
  • 1033 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:19 AM

I thought I'd create a list of Wrestling Podcasts that I listen to from time to time:

Most can also be found via iTunes etc. as well most likely, and most will have .rss feeds if you hunt around on the individual sites.

This obviously isn't an all encompassing list, but ones I personally enjoy. If anyone has any other suggestions please add to this thread.

#2 jushin muta liger

jushin muta liger
  • Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:32 PM

I've started to listen to a lot the shows that have been listed and stumbled upon the MLW podcast after finding out about Cornette's podcast. Konnan and Court Bauer has kept me entertained on my drive to and from work.

Also, Peter Rosenberg and The Masked Man's podcast on Grantland isn't bad.

#3 concrete1992

concrete1992

Sammy D

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:50 PM

I was gonna plug my podcast. But I'm not gonna fool myself :P

Rad list there.

#4 soup23

soup23
  • Moderators
  • 9880 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:54 PM

Thanks for compiling the list Cheapshot!

#5 Jmare007

Jmare007
  • Members
  • 1154 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:54 AM

Between The Ropes still exists?!

Do they still get good guests for interviews? Are they still funny?

#6 goodhelmet

goodhelmet
  • Admins
  • 18946 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:54 AM

I was gonna plug my podcast. But I'm not gonna fool myself :P

Rad list there.

Plug your shit. People can't enjoy it if they don't know about it. 

#7 robertsilva

robertsilva
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:30 PM

I thought I'd create a list of Wrestling Podcasts that I listen to from time to time:

Most can also be found via iTunes etc. as well most likely, and most will have .rss feeds if you hunt around on the individual sites.

This obviously isn't an all encompassing list, but ones I personally enjoy. If anyone has any other suggestions please add to this thread.
thanks for compiling this list. the podcast i am on, wrestlings greatest matches, appears on the pro wrestling opinion show link that you posted.

#8 Mr. B.B. Rogers

Mr. B.B. Rogers
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:10 PM

Yeah, they came back. Not sure exactly when.

Fritz still runs the show, does a decent job overall. Not as funny as when D'Lo and the others were on, but it's not bad. Steve (can't spell the last name, won't try) is more of an MMA guy and he has good chemistry with Fritz, but the 3rd guy, Michael Wiseman, is a poor fit, in my opinion. He comes across as being too opinionated for his own good and when he does makes a good point, there is not logical connection to what Fritz or Steve say. He's sometimes contrary just to be contrary. 

Again, it's not a bad show -- and they get some okay guests, like Cornette most recently -- but it's not what it once was.

#9 Kevin Ridge

Kevin Ridge
  • Members
  • 4762 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:01 PM

So there is a Wrestling With Depression and Wrestling With Optimism podcast.  Are they feuding with one another?!  

#10 goodhelmet

goodhelmet
  • Admins
  • 18946 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:08 PM

I am going to create the Wrestling with Manic Depression podcast. 

#11 JazeUSA

JazeUSA
  • Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:39 PM

I heard Bill Dundee plug his podcast on Cornettes podcast but couldnt find it anywhere, anyone ever listened to it?

#12 SteveJRogers

SteveJRogers
  • Members
  • 786 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:54 PM

http://bdrnitrocast.podomatic.com/

The NitroCast

http://www.snsradionetwork.com/

Home of various shows, the one I listen to often is the nostalgic based Beyond The Bell

http://wrestlespective.com/

Jason Mann's WrestleSpective

http://whatamaneuver.onthestick.com/

What A Maneuver wrestling re-watch podcast from OnTheStick.com

#13 Jmare007

Jmare007
  • Members
  • 1154 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:50 PM

Fritz still runs the show, does a decent job overall. Not as funny as when D'Lo and the others were on, but it's not bad. Steve (can't spell the last name, won't try) is more of an MMA guy and he has good chemistry with Fritz, but the 3rd guy, Michael Wiseman, is a poor fit, in my opinion. He comes across as being too opinionated for his own good and when he does makes a good point, there is not logical connection to what Fritz or Steve say. He's sometimes contrary just to be contrary. 

Again, it's not a bad show -- and they get some okay guests, like Cornette most recently -- but it's not what it once was.

Aw man, I loved the original trio of Fritz, Vito and the other guy (can't remember his name). Even when D'Lo joined it was a very good listen. Good to know that Fritz still does it though.

#14 jushin muta liger

jushin muta liger
  • Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:11 AM

The other guy's name was Dickerman and he was hilarious. I still remember his Jimmy Valiant and Mark Henry impersonations.

#15 Mr. B.B. Rogers

Mr. B.B. Rogers
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:22 PM

Aw man, I loved the original trio of Fritz, Vito and the other guy (can't remember his name). Even when D'Lo joined it was a very good listen. Good to know that Fritz still does it though.

I can't believe I forgot about Vito! Yeah, he was pretty great on there, added a real nice perspective and had chemistry with Fritz. Which, of course, they both had with D'Lo too. 

I never heard Dickerman on the show; I didn't get into listening to podcasts until after he was gone.

#16 Mr. B.B. Rogers

Mr. B.B. Rogers
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:26 PM

There's also the Old School Wrestling Podcast (OSWP) at flairchop.com.

It's a really fun nostalgia-based show run by 2 friends that really have great chemistry and truly enjoy having fun with old-school wrestling. It's, I think, the first wrestling podcast I listened to.

Great stuff every time: they usually do NWA, WCW, WWF stuff, but occasionally ECW and even older stuff. Most recently, they reviewed a match between The Destroyer and Victor, the Wrestling Bear!

#17 Zoo Enthusiast

Zoo Enthusiast
  • Members
  • 1126 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:54 PM

Yeah, I love OWSP for what it is.

#18 cheapshot

cheapshot

The chap they call Allan.

• Members
  • 1033 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:18 AM

Added the Ross Report to the links at the top.

#19 rovert

rovert
  • Banned
  • 2903 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:52 AM

A British Art of Wrestling podcast with a 20 year British ex-Wrestler:

Really like the first two episodes.

Not Magnus's biggest fan but his interview very, very good and the Marty Jones one will put hair on your chest.

Rockstar Spud will be the next guest.

#20 mookeighana

mookeighana

mookieghana

• Members
  • 492 posts
  • Interests:Wrestling. Math. Improv. Wrestlenomics.

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:19 PM

Cheap plug -- Wrestlenomics Radio: http://www.blogtalkr...ndeedwrestling/ (weekly)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users