Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

I think you'll see Omega and the Bucks do it to get a final payday before retirement.

Which makes them both smarter than Sabu.

Seriously though, I watched the clip Thread Killer posted and actually found myself agreeing with Sabu.

One clip led to another, and I gotta ask, what the fuck is with Sean Oliver? He always looks like he's ready to fall asleep.

KC usually shoots their stuff around conventions so they usually film a couple shoots in one weekend with the shooting being late at night or early in the morning when talent isn't busy so that's probably why he looks so tired in a bunch of them.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you'll see Omega and the Bucks do it to get a final payday before retirement.

Which makes them both smarter than Sabu.

Seriously though, I watched the clip Thread Killer posted and actually found myself agreeing with Sabu.

One clip led to another, and I gotta ask, what the fuck is with Sean Oliver? He always looks like he's ready to fall asleep.

I figure the Bullet Club shirts will start drying up when they're hitting 36-37. I think you will probably see the Bucks negotiate some sort of deal where they take less guaranteed money to get a bigger cut of their merchandise sales. I think that's their end game is to clean up in WWE before retirement.

To put it negatively - "Drawing Heat" was an attempt of doing a book in the "Gonzo" style and the more I have to do with the Ontario shows outside of Toronto from like 1965-1990 the less does the book make much sense. You would really need a Whipper Watson Jr. book as well to be able to understand what the hell was going on. Canada around 1975 is pure chaos

So after watching Mid South from the beginning on the network to near the end of 83, and I'm 95% sure Bill Watts is trolling with the way he mispronounces people's names at this point. Besides the famous Hacksaw "Doogan", there's Crusher Dar-SOW (emphasis on the second part making it sound weird) and the just debuted Jim Need-hart. Everyone else says them correctly for the most part, so either everyone was afraid of correcting Watts or he had an oddly specific speech impediment.

Something Else to Wrestle with Bruce Prichard: Hardy Boyz

A pretty missable episode. No real information. When they discussed the Hardys' various singles runs, Bruce inexplicably focused on Jeff and ignored Matt. Yeah, I get that Jeff was the bigger star, but his constant drug problems can only be interesting for so long - and by so long, I mean never. I'd much rather hear about what Matt was doing during that period instead of Junkie Jeff self-sabotaging his career and life for the 20th time. Prichard even admitted that Matt was more passionate about wrestling, but Jeff was more over. I've personally always preferred Matt, and it sounds like Bruce did too. At least Matt got credit for being a creative genius when they briefly touched on the Broken/Woken Universe.

Prichard was wearing a "Pronouns, Pal" t-shirt - referencing one of Vince/WWE's linquistic quirks - and rarely spoke in pronouns during the podcast, which became distracting as hell. "When Jeff was in this match, Jeff did this," etc.

Conrad was in a very jovial mood, which was also boring. Even though it's mostly fake, I think I prefer their bickering.

Unless you're a diehard Hardys fan, you can easily skip this episode.

The biggest news coming out of it had nothing to do with the Hardys - it's that Something Else to Wrestle is wrapping up "Season 1" soon, so I guess this show won't be on the Network 52 weeks a year like I had previously thought for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...

Which documentaries and/or specials from the Network are worth watching? I figured this was the best place to ask.

As far as I can recall, I have seen zero of their offerings since the Network launched. So what's out there worth seeking out? Anything?

I think I recall some positive buzz after one with the Shield? And maybe a Daniel Bryan profile piece?

I've recently been backtracking through some of my favorite 30 For 30s. That somehow led me to the old Foley DVD. I thought about revisiting the Hunter doc (which I remember being pretty excellent in its time, to be honest), but then just bit the bullet and came here to get an idea of something entirely new instead.

If you're talking about the ones in the "Beyond The Ring" category, a lot of them are pretty good. Off the top of my head the ones on the Road Warriors, Dusty Rhodes, and Superstar Billy Graham are ones I've watched more than once. I was actually watching The Rise and Fall of WCW yesterday, which is quite good and surprisingly even-handed. Vince is interviewed but really doesn't have a whole lot of things of substance to say. These docs are, to a degree, sanitized by the company but worth seeking out on their own merits. 

The WWE 24 series is okay. Again, they're sanitized but few punches are pulled in some of this stuff. The one on Kurt Angle opened my eyes as to just how much he'd fallen, same with the Hardys one that is getting so much attention now. 

They added a Women's Evolution collection, which actually has several 80s era matches (including the Moolah-Richter screwjob) and actually does a pretty good job of showcasing all the eras women's wrestling in WWF/E. 

There's also a Jeff Jarrett collection that has some USWA stuff leading up to his WWF run. Not bad but it really makes you wish someone could finally work something out with the Memphis rights.