Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Phil Schneider said:

I wonder how much unseen stuff is out there? I doubt they are going to be putting up rare Promo Azteca or anything. My dream is one of the Eddie vs. Rey house show matches they had during the Dominic feud, those were apparently bloody brawls

It's always possible they might have footage from one of the Mexico City house shows over the years where he was featured prominently. That would be fun at least.

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

It's always possible they might have footage from one of the Mexico City house shows over the years where he was featured prominently. That would be fun at least.

2 hours ago, Phil Schneider said:

I wonder how much unseen stuff is out there? I doubt they are going to be putting up rare Promo Azteca or anything. My dream is one of the Eddie vs. Rey house show matches they had during the Dominic feud, those were apparently bloody brawls

I'd say WWE have shed loads of unseen footage either backstage or in ring stuff. I mean if they were filming Kevin Nash walking through the curtain in MSG after defeating backland and showing the guys in the locker room then I'd say they have recorded all kinds of stuff. 

10 hours ago, sek69 said:

When the LBoA was found, it was mentioned that there was tons of Omni footage unlabled in the Turner archive that the WWE team was sifting through. 

Yeah I think it was found on something labelled "omni live events." I mean how big was the wcw library when WWE got it in 2001 ? It included everything that wcw got when it bought JCP in '88 and Crockett had bought other territories so I mean the potential footage they could have is nuts. 

Are ALL of these new? I can't remember if I've seen that AWA footage. Khawk? Kelly(on the MSG match)?

Texas Rasslin’ 06/17/1952 – Legendary Lou
NWA World Heavyweight Champion Lou Thesz puts his title on the line against the dangerous Wild Bill Longson. 

WWWF @ MSG 01/31/1972 – The Great Gotch
Karl Gotch makes his impact felt on U.S. soil when he teams with Rene Goulet to face The Rugged Russians at Madison Square Garden.

Championship Wrestling from Florida 11/12/1974 – Oklahoma’s Favorite Son
The highly revered Danny Hodge joins forces with wild man Jos Leduc to battle the dastardly duo of Pak Song and Toru Tanaka. 

Stampede Wrestling 08/12/1983 – Japanese Pride
Before becoming one of Japan’s most controversial figures in MMA, Nobuhiko Takada traveled to Canada to face Athol Foley.

AWA 10/18/1984 – To Catch a Model
Billy Robinson, accompanied to the ring by WWE Hall of Famer Lord Alfred Hayes, takes on Rick Martel in this contest from Canada.

12 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Are ALL of these new? I can't remember if I've seen that AWA footage. Khawk? Kelly(on the MSG match)?

NWA World Heavyweight Champion Lou Thesz puts his title on the line against the dangerous Wild Bill Longson. 

Karl Gotch makes his impact felt on U.S. soil when he teams with Rene Goulet to face The Rugged Russians at Madison Square Garden.

The highly revered Danny Hodge joins forces with wild man Jos Leduc to battle the dastardly duo of Pak Song and Toru Tanaka. 

Before becoming one of Japan’s most controversial figures in MMA, Nobuhiko Takada traveled to Canada to face Athol Foley.

Billy Robinson, accompanied to the ring by WWE Hall of Famer Lord Alfred Hayes, takes on Rick Martel in this contest from Canada.

My god some Karl Gotch footage, I'm super excited to see this.

Edited by SPS
typo

52 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Pretty sure the MSG match is new. Also excited for Thesz vs Longson and Danny Hodge footage 

I'd guess it's from 1983. They did clash in Winnipeg in 83. It could be their thanksgiving St. Paul match too, until now it was only available via raw footage.

ill bet Winnipeg for now.

gotch and goulet may be tag champs there...they did hold the belts briefly in that time frame.