Pro Wrestling Only

[2013-01-29-CMLL] Volador Jr vs Rey Escorpion

Loss

• 2 weeks later...

There was some amazing high flying in this match, but it was pretty empty outside of that. Highspot, pin attempt, highspot, pin attempt. I enjoyed the hell out of it because the athleticism was pretty amazing to watch, but I don’t think it was really much of a match beyond the big moves.

Escorpion is one of the best bases in wrestling and had a tremendous year last year - except he never really had a singles match that came close to what he was doing in trios. This wasn't anywhere near as bad as the abortion of a singles match he had with Maximo late in the year, and in fact there was a lot of cool stuff in this, but I third the view that it wasn't much as a complete match.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought this was a fine match. Did notice on some of the dives by Volador that Escorpion was getting to his feet first each time. Thought that was kind of weird. One dive had Volador clipping his feet on the ropes which changed his trajectory and he ended up doing a flying headbutt to Escorpion's stomach. Quite liked that.

• GSR changed the title to [2013-01-29-CMLL] Volador Jr vs Rey Escorpion