Pro Wrestling Only

[2013-03-02-ROH-11th Anniversary Show] Kevin Steen vs Jay Lethal

Loss

• 2 weeks later...

This was a good match at times, but was so overbooked with too many false finishes, which made it hard to really get into. I don't need to see these elaborate heel stables in an indy, and I especially don't need to see more booking in a main event than WWE would probably do at this point related to their interference. I mean, it's weird to say outside interference should be protected, but it's so meaningless here that they've almost killed it as something they can do for heat on special occasions. Notice there isn't even much heat for that crap anyway. Lethal's signature spots are all so contrived. I suppose his career has already peaked.

• 1 month later...

The run ins had me wondering about the Code of Honor. The ROH I remember tried to be different than WWE with the code and declaring themselves wrestling and not sports entertainment. But here we are doing a lame run in at the end of the match. Still not sure how I feel about Steen yet. Have seen a few matches of his but a lot seems to depend on who his opponent is on whether I like match or not. Though it still has a small time feel doing to crowd/building size, ROH does have some nice TV production. Also, been ages since I have heard Kevin Kelly doing commentary.

• GSR changed the title to [2013-03-02-ROH-11th Anniversary Show] Kevin Steen vs Jay Lethal