Photo

Jun Akiyama vs KAI (AJPW Championship Carnival 04/29/13)

AJPW Championship Carnival April 29 2013 Korakuen Hall Jun Akiyama KAI

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 44067 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:47 PM

Talk about it here.

#2 dawho5

dawho5
  • Members
  • 4014 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 02:55 PM

Kai comes to the ring with some kind of massive burn or scar on his chest.  I think we know where this is going.  Akiyama responds to an elbow with some chops and gets the advantage using the injury.  Kai being below Akiyama (his strikes don't have much of an effect slowing Akiyama down, but he does sell them) makes this more of an underdog match.  Problem for me is you never really get the impression Akiyama is actively trying to stop a lot of the impact moves Kai does.  He just takes them because he knows he can.  Then he is up faster than you would think and needs to be beaten down more or comes back.  Kai's offense is perfectly good in a flashy junior who idolizes Kawada way, but it doesn't really lend itself to the story the match wants to tell.  If he had stuck with more of the big (too obviously leg slappy) kicks it would have worked better than the suplexes and a powerbomb on a uy way above him and 20 pounds heavier.  Akiyama didn't exactly go out of his way to put Kai's suplexes over either.  He sold great for the strikes as the match progressed, but didn't seem to have much respect for the backdrop or the German.

It's nothing really against either guy or this match.  Just not my cup of tea.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AJPW, Championship Carnival, April 29, 2013, Korakuen Hall, Jun Akiyama, KAI

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users