ProWrestlingOnly.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Loss

Tomohiro Ishii vs Katsuyori Shibata (NJPW G-1 Climax 08/04/13)

Katsuyori Shibata vs Tomohiro Ishii - NJPW G1 Climax 2013

Shibata Rules All! Ishii hit some MONSTAH LARIATS in this! I was popping out of my seat for these lariats! I marked out for Shibata's full on dropkick to Ishii in the corner. I loved Shibata catching the kick and the smoking Ishii with his own lariats. THOSE HEADBUTTS WERE DISGUSTING! Loved the symmetry in this! Each man trying to show he can outdo the other with a similar move. Really liked Shibata's submissions versus Ishii's throws. What hurt this match was the reliance on fighting spirit spots. I love combination elbows and love people beating the piss out of each other, but the whole stand there while you hit me does nothing for me. They took it to the extreme in this match with each going to a knee to let the other hit them. Enough complaining the finish stretch after the nasty headbutts was NUCLEAR! I thought Shibata had this in the bag with his sleeper (ishii spitting up) to set up the Penalty Kick, but Ishii would not be denied. After all the MONSTAH LARIATS early, Ishii digs two deep and DESTROYS Shibata with Mother of All Lariats twice and hits the Brainbuster for the HUGE upset and HUGE POP!

Liked the Goto match better because of less Fighting Spirit spots, but this one has the better finish I will admit. ****1/4

I loved the headbutts in this too. These guys were relentless! The elbows in the corner, and the finish...my god. One huge lariat, and Shibata kicks out at one pissed and on fire. He eats the second lariat ... and it takes to two this time. I was expecting a third lariat at this point, but we got the brainbuster. The lariats had been so brutal, I almost wished we woulda got three for three, but hell this was just downright brutal and awesome.

BOMB after BOMB after BOMB. It's The ART OF WAR, as told by Tomohiro f'n Ishii & Katsuyori f'n Shibata. Pure fireworks & explosions from start to finish - I think my favorite moment of the whole match was Ishii spitting & selling like a boss when Shibata had him on a Sleeper. Just incredible stuff. An all-time classic. ****3/4