Pro Wrestling Only

[2012-06-10-TNA-Slammiversary] A.J. Styles & Kurt Angle vs Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian

Loss

• 4 years later...

TNA World Tag Team Champions Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian vs AJ Styles & Kurt Angle - TNA Slammiversary 2012

Less said about the buildup the better. It involves Daniels & Kaz lording over AJ's head that they have proof that AJ & Dixie are sleeping together. Dixie's shoot husband throws a punch at AJ. I don't know what the fuck this all was. I don't know how this becomes the Claire Lynch storyline. I have no idea why Angle is AJ's partner because they wrestled each other the previous month. Good news that the silly angle does not impact the match at all.

Pretty stellar tag team match. I think what they match does most effectively is put face heat on the babyfaces! Imagine that! The cool highspots are designed for the babyfaces and it is the babyfaces that are popping the crowd. Now the crowd chants "TNA!" and "This is awesome!", but hey baby steps. AJ looked well Phenomenal in this. Great babyface shine. I liked how Kaz made him earn his opening dropkicking by dropping into an Oklahoma Roll on the drop down, but AJ connects with two dropkicks. Great spot by AJ sliding under the guardrail and hitting a springboard elbow. AJ was great in the FIP wrenching his leg in the top rope, selling well and Daniels/Kaz did a great job with double teams reminiscent of the Midnights. Once Angle gets tagged in this is a super hot spotfest. I have no problem with a spotfest. If you are going to do it, commit. That's what these guys did. Kaz is the best ever at taking German Suplexes. Wow! That Double German on Daniels & Kaz was great as was the double Inverted DDT/DDT by AJ. Two big spots that popped the crowd for the babyfaces. The heels had their cutoffs but they never hit their big moves because they are heels and heels are NOT as good as babyfaces. The Holy Shit Spot of the match that you need to stop what you are doing and watch this match is AJ Styles' Springboard Shooting Star Press to a standing Daniels outside the ring. Absolutely perfect impact! Angle taps Kaz in the Anglelock immediately after for the feel-good win. Excellently laid out spotfest that made the babyfaces look like a million bucks and climaxed at maximum heat! ****

• GSR changed the title to [2012-06-10-TNA-Slammiversary] A.J. Styles & Kurt Angle vs Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian