Pro Wrestling Only

Southeastern/Continental Championship Wrestling

goc

That was definitely a highlight but that whole episode was great. It's crazy that they had that Losers Gets 20 Lashes: The Nightmares vs The Rich Cousins match and a Loser Leaves Town match between Roy Lee Welch and Bill Ash on the same show.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have impartial episodes that don't show the match but they talked about it on the Exile series on Continental and the best part about the whole "one of the Nightmares have to wear the Chicken Suit to get a title match" thing is Tommy & Johnny and the crowd all laughing and then The Nightmares jumping them, kicking the shit out of them and winning the titles back all while one of them is still in the chicken suit.

I've got 1985 and 1987 done now. 1985 is missing almost the whole first half of the year so there are only two episodes of Southeastern on here but once it switches over to Continental the footage picks up pretty well and the rest of the year is pretty easy to follow along.

1985 playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB8FXHmaF-0oe64CuLCIJrKUuFlOwEjVe

1987 is really hard to find footage of and I did my best to put together the most complete playlist possible but it's still missing a TON. I went through and cut out whatever the weekly highlight on Pro Wrestling This Week was (for the weeks of PWTW that I actually have) but I have no idea what their criteria for the show was because they showed a lot of squash matches instead of showing a hot angle or promo.

1987 playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB8FXHmaF-0palHuCV4HA7whISnXaTZnq

I just came across this, thanks so much for putting this up, will definitely be digging into it. Also saw that you put up 1991 Memphis - that's such a great underrated year and we have the Memphis feed which makes everything so much better, you're doing wrestling fans a great service.

• 2 weeks later...

I made it to the Round Robin (Soto, Welch, Fuller) episode. Soto really did have a beautiful dropkick. I loved Fuller on the outside watching the match and reacting to everything and then how he was ridiculously over the top selling his exhaustion after the match.

1.) Ken Timbs is not nearly as good as Buddy Rose because he overthrows himself into all of his bumps; Buddy always seemed far more natural (while being hugely over the top).

2.) This stuff is almost TOO good. I really wanted something as background for when I'm working. Memphis TV works really well for that, which is why I was watching 89. But almost every show has matches I want to pay a lot of attention to.

I think Lady (Mad) Maxine, not any Armstrong might be the most over person in the history of Alabama. That crowd came unglued when she finally showed up (which really has more to say about Street/Linda than anything else).

Also fun in that episode was, in the transition from the Bullet/Flame feud to Bullet/Mr. Olympia, Bob messing up and going "My other son.. uh, Bob Armstrong's other son." when commentating over the footage.

Fuller coming out to All Hell's Breaking Loose is maybe the most amazing wrestler/actual song pairing in the history of wrestling, especially because it feels like it never actually makes it to the chorus.

The Nightmares/Riches feud has been great and they've switched it up so well, but I kind of feel like the Nightmares didn't REALLY come into their own as promos/presence until they lost the masks. They're on a different level into 1986.

Fuller coming out to All Hell's Breaking Loose is maybe the most amazing wrestler/actual song pairing in the history of wrestling, especially because it feels like it never actually makes it to the chorus.

The Nightmares/Riches feud has been great and they've switched it up so well, but I kind of feel like the Nightmares didn't REALLY come into their own as promos/presence until they lost the masks. They're on a different level into 1986.

Agreed, I fucking love Fuller & Golden using that song and they kept that all the way until they left in 1988.

We're missing so much of that Nightmares/Riches feud too, the recaps show so much stuff they did on TV that I don't have. And if you like Nightmares as unmasked heels just wait until you get to the fall of 86 and see them return to the promotion as babyfaces.

• 1 month later...

Re: 3/1/86 show. Solie is such a worm.

I can't understate how good the territory was in March, 1986 though. Pritchard just turned heel. Ron Fuller was back wrestling. Mr. Wrestling II was in as a heel part of the Stud Stable. Nightmares were still going strong. Adrian Street had the pink belt back. The Bullet drama which should have been played out was reaching a dramatic point as the LLT stip was almost over on Bob Armstrong. Golden/(robert)Fuller were working like the world's sloppiest but most daring wrecking crew dismantling limbs and having just gotten the titles against Tommy and Johnny Rich in a way that kept the Nightmares in the mix. Stubbs was unmasked and a total jerk as the Alabama champion. All of the Armstrongs were back.

Just great stuff. I've enjoyed almost everything up til now, especially some of the big angles and certain talents especially (heel Robert Fuller, Nightmares, etc), but this is the first time where it's all been working this well.

• 2 weeks later...

The Stud Stable promo about Fuller turning on Armstrong was great. They go on for five minutes about how much they love to watch the footage on their VCRs. "THAT IS EXCITING STUFF THERE!"

This has definitely been the best episode of Continental yet.

I know you're like 6 months past this part now but I did just get the full episode where Bob Armstrong gets turned on in the Cage by Robert Fuller and uploaded it on my channel.

The Stud Stable promo about Fuller turning on Armstrong was great. They go on for five minutes about how much they love to watch the footage on their VCRs. "THAT IS EXCITING STUFF THERE!"

This has definitely been the best episode of Continental yet.

I know you're like 6 months past this part now but I did just get the full episode where Bob Armstrong gets turned on in the Cage by Robert Fuller and uploaded it on my channel.

I might double back to that as everything will resonate more now. All I have to say currently is that I really enjoy whenever Brad Armstrong and Tom Prichard are paired together.

• 4 years later...
11 minutes ago, Sean Reedy said:

My god look at those punches Tommy is throwing at the Nightmares.

Wish we had more of this. I’ve been following along with Ron Fuller’s Southeastern Rewind YouTube channel and hoping for anything new that might show up. This is great and the Rich’s vs The Nightmares looks like a fun feud.