Pro Wrestling Only

[2001-03-10-Michinoku Pro] Pentagon & Sasuke the Great & Apache vs Great Sasuke & Gran Hamada & Dick Togo

Loss

• 2 weeks later...

I remembered loving this when stuff was getting uploaded for the 2001 vote and I know Mike was pimping this pretty hard at the time. I decided to watch it again and I was a bit disappointed. I thought this was a match made of cool moments but they didn't really gel for me as a whole. The cool moments consisted of some great brawling and a fun pace but they were missing the kind of overall arc that would really tie it together. I also felt like Togo's comeback at the end was a bit too easy. This is still good but not great.

• 3 months later...

I'm not too far from the above review. I liked the lucha hair vs. mask brawl feel to it early. It was chaotic and fun. Then they switched to the standard 6-man chaos finishing run. If you're going to start the match that way, end it the same way. That being said, lots of fun stuff and at times it is incredibly entertaining. It's probably going to make the very bottom of my list. Then again, if enough good matches come up it may not get a vote.

• GSR changed the title to [2001-03-10-Michinoku Pro] Pentagon & Sasuke the Great & Apache vs Great Sasuke & Gran Hamada & Dick Togo