Pro Wrestling Only

[2005-11-05-NOAH-3rd Great Voyage] Jun Akiyama & Shiro Koshinaka vs Minoru Suzuki & Naomichi Marufuji

Loss

• 3 months later...

This is a comedy match, but there are a few reasons it beats out most NOAH main event style matches for me. For one, when Marufuji's not on offense, they keep it SIMPLE. Secondly, both teams have some good heel moments during the match, which makes it kind of fun. Marufuji as Akiyama's plaything is kind of fun, especially the back body drop. Suzuki and Koshinaka interact really well. Suzuki is great at facial expressions and small heelish things thrown in seemingly on a whim. I can easily see this making somewhere in the 75-100 range.

• 1 year later...

Suzuki & Marufuji vs. Akiyama & Koshinaka - November 5, 2005

This felt like a very good Raw tag. Suzuki and Koshinaka had a great slap exchange that anyone who has a taste for the likes of Sheamus or Fit Finlay should see. Akiyama seemed a bit bitter going up against the team that beat him and Hashi at the huge Destiny PPV, so of course he was great. At one point he was able to isolate Marufuji, dropping him multiple times on the entrance apron while Koshinaka somehow kept Suzuki in the ring.

Marufuji had a great burst near the end on Akiyama, but couldn't put down the legend with a Shiranui. However, Marufuji's stock was elevated when he kicked out of a wrist-clutch exploder, requiring a second one to take him down for the count. Post-match, Suzuki warms my heart just like SUWA by being a jabroni to the winners. ***1/2

• GSR changed the title to [2005-11-05-NOAH-3rd Great Voyage] Jun Akiyama & Shiro Koshinaka vs Minoru Suzuki & Naomichi Marufuji