Pro Wrestling Only

Worst news in the WON

Loss

ESPN is expected to make a major play for Renee Paquette, 29, who is Renee Young in WWE. She has impressed a lot of the networks with her smoothness in her work with WWE since coming from The Score where she was one of the hosts of Right After Wrestling, a Raw post-game show.

This can't happen!

He's likely to do some small things for the WWE while staying with ESPN. People initially went goofy thinking he was fully returning, but that was... goofy. He's got a very good thing at ESPN, with both SportsCenter cred (rather than just ESPN News) and the national radio show.

Well there is some ESPN/WWE tieins going on now as Coach is going to be doing stuff for WWE soon so maybe she can do both.

No shit? What is Coach doing?

And they've got that other cat from WWE....what was his name?

Todd Grisham. I don't know if he still does it, but I've seen him do Friday Night Fights there a few months back. Apparently, he mentioned on ESPN that he got voted worst pro wrestling announcer in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

Well there is some ESPN/WWE tieins going on now as Coach is going to be doing stuff for WWE soon so maybe she can do both.

No shit? What is Coach doing?

And they've got that other cat from WWE....what was his name?

Todd Grisham. I don't know if he still does it, but I've seen him do Friday Night Fights there a few months back. Apparently, he mentioned on ESPN that he got voted worst pro wrestling announcer in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

He hosted FNF in 2013... haven't seen it this year, but think he's still the host. His twitter hasn't been updated to change that. Does SportCenter a pretty fair amount, and MMA Live for a while... don't know if he still does that since I don't catch it often.

You have to give it up to Coach and Grisham. For all the shit they took from hardcores, and likely even within the business... they've done pretty well for themselves at ESPN. Paid their dues, worked their way up, and probably still have ceiling. Given their age and the wide scope of TV Sports these days across so many networks, they're likely to be making a decent living for some time to come. There's an initial generation of Cable Guys who are going to be slowly weeded out over the next decade, and also some on the big networks as well. Lots of opportunities.

Beyond that, if you were just a sports fan and didn't know either from wrestling, you'd think of them as just another pair of ESPN guys. My dad doesn't know about their wrestling stuff, and knows "Coach" at this point as an ESPN guy.

Pretty well done for the two.

Todd Grisham ... Apparently, he mentioned on ESPN that he got voted worst pro wrestling announcer in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

Was that a fair assessment, in everyone's opinion? I don't remember him being anything special. But the "worst"? I don't know about that. ESPN wouldn't hire crap, would they? Considering how bad WWE announcing is, I wonder if Grisham was held back by the "talk about everything except the match" style, being yelled at from the headset, etc.

I think people were upset with Todd Grisham for some mistakes made on the Chris Benoit DVD in 2004. He was calling the Benoit vs Sasuke match from the Super J Cup. I don't remember exactly what he said, but that might have contributed to him winning the worst announcer category.

I think people were upset with Todd Grisham for some mistakes made on the Chris Benoit DVD in 2004. He was calling the Benoit vs Sasuke match from the Super J Cup. I don't remember exactly what he said, but that might have contributed to him winning the worst announcer category.

IIRC that was Cole andTazz calling that match on the DVD.

I'm not aware of any heat he apparently had thrown his way from it but I seem to remember Todd Grisham showing a general lack of knowledge towards pro wrestling, basically confusing the Lucha and Japanese styles on the Benoit dvd extras. This was in like 04 and Todd hadn't Been with WWE for like 6 months by that point.

Wrestling fans kind of suck, honestly. Not saying Todd ever grew into anything particularly special and he was clearly just another product of the "don't focus on the in ring product no matter what" philosophy WWE have followed since they took JR off the desk, but I don't think you would see much of a difference if you were to throw Grisham in Sean Mooneys spot 20 years ago.