Pro Wrestling Only

UFC Network in Mexico

Eduardo

Much like there are some international fans that have been able to get the WWE Network in countries outside the U.S, I know a family that has been able to get Mexico's UFC Network here.

Basically, they have two houses, one in Mexico and one in the U.S. They have their Sky Mexico bill mailed to the Mexico address, but paid the installer to install the Sky Mexico equipment in the U.S. home. We live about 15 minutes from the border, so it wasn't much work.

The last two months I've been going to their house to watch the PPV's and Fox Sports fights. I haven't seen anything written about it in English, so I thought I would share some initial thoughts with you.

--The channel is 24/7.
--In February, the first month was free. My friend's family decided to stick with the channel after the free trial. They told me when converted to U.S. currency it cost around $12.00 a month.
--All fight events air live on this channel. That include every live PPV's, Fox, Fox Sports, and Fight Pass (International) events. That includes prelims as well. They air replays of events later on. For a price that ranges about $12.00, it's worth it just for the PPV's alone, so all the other events are just an additional bonus. Great value.
--The Ultimate Fighter Nations: Canada vs Australia was the first new TUF series to air on here. The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil 3 (Sonnen vs Silva) is currently airing on here as well. I believe it airs on Sundays.
--Hype specials and fighter profiles air regularly.
--When there isn't any live content or shows to build up upcoming fights and current fighters, they air past events. Not just recent stuff either, as the other week they were airing UFC 8, which includes the tournament Don Frye won in Puerto Rico.
--Most of the time, the graphics are correct but they have been a bit off on random occasions. They seem to be just honest mistakes, but still they are strange and distracting. During Ronda Rousey's last fight with Sara McMann, they had her MMA record way off, with about a dozen more wins, and one loss. The group of friends I was with got a good laugh when the graphics listed Shogun as 26 years old, and Dan Henderson as 23 years old during their fight last month. We all wish they were that young again.
--Fabricio Werdum is a very charming color commentator. He's a bit goofy, but pretty honest when he see's sloppy stuff. The family I watch this with have all come away really liking him, as has my dad. At this point, I'd rather listen to Werdum than Rogan. Erik Perez has done some commentating as well. He's a genuinely good dude, but he's a bit shy and doesn't really know what to say at times. His color commentating highlight was when he and the commentators started talking about AAA's Octagon during a fight.