Pro Wrestling Only

Did they ever face each other?

JerryvonKramer

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funk and Piper have faced each other in recent years. The match got some praise.

Piper and Savage faced each other a few times.

I remember Piper taking on Savage on house shows when he came back in '89. The Apter mags even had a cover story on it, saying something like "Piper beating Savage scares Hogan".

i know hall did a clean job to vader on his way out of the wwf, but don't recall nash or waltman ever crossing paths with him...

Not singles but I was at a house show in 98 that had DX vs Vader/LOD/Droz. Always remember the big vs little spot where Waltman goes to pin Vader and Vader launches him off across the ring.

i know hall did a clean job to vader on his way out of the wwf, but don't recall nash or waltman ever crossing paths with him...

Not singles but I was at a house show in 98 that had DX vs Vader/LOD/Droz. Always remember the big vs little spot where Waltman goes to pin Vader and Vader launches him off across the ring.

lol they really must have wanted the older guys to look lame to those crowds

interesting that you mention waltman but not nash, considering nash spent a fair amount of time in WCW when vader was around...

I know it happened but I cannot find any evidence of Billy Graham vs Andre happening other than some arm wrestling matches. SBG has said he wrestled Andre many times though.

Houston is one place that comes to mind. After looking at the link below they had quite a few it seems.

http://sportsandwrestling.mywowbb.com/forum2/348.html

Here's a bunch of Andre/SBG matches:

WWWF @ Coney Island, NY - April 17, 1978: Andre the Giant & Peter Maivia defeated Luke & Superstar Billy Graham via disqualification

WWWF @ White Plains, NY - Westchester County Civic Center - April 19, 1978: Andre the Giant, Peter Maivia, & Mil Mascaras defeated Superstar Billy Graham, Luke Graham, & Stan Stasiak

WWWF @ Worcester, MA - Memorial Auditorium - April 20, 1978: Andre the Giant, Peter Maivia, & Mil Mascaras vs. Superstar Billy Graham, Luke Graham, & Stan

WWWF @ Harrisburg, PA - Zembo Mosque - April 21, 1978 (1,900): Andre the Giant & Peter Maivia defeated Superstar Billy Graham & Luke Graham in a Best 2 out of 3 falls match, 2-1; fall #1 - Superstar pinned Miavia at 10:39; fall #2 - Andre & Miavia won via disqualification at 6:32; fall #3 - Andre pinned Luke at 2:42

WWWF @ New York City, NY - Madison Square Garden - June 26, 1978: Andre the Giant & Ivan Putski (& Dusty Rhodes) defeated Luke & Superstar Billy Graham in a Best 2 out of 3 falls match at 16:15, 2-1; fall #1: the Graham's were disqualified at 9:40 for double-teaming Putski; fall# 2: the Grahams were awarded the fall at 5:11 after Putski was deemed unable to continue after ramming his head in the ring post; fall #3: Andre was given permission to find a replacement partner for the final fall and brought out Dusty Rhodes which led to Andre pinning Luke at 1:24; after the bout, Rhodes challenged Superstar Billy Graham to a match which was confirmed for next month later in the card

WWWF @ Long Island, NY - Nassau Coliseum - November 17, 1978: Andre the Giant defeated Superstar Billy Graham via count-out

WWWF @ Nashua, NH - Coliseum - November 23, 1978: Andre the Giant defeated Superstar Billy Graham via count-out

WWF @ Philadelphia, PA - Spectrum - February 19, 1983 (18,246): Andre the Giant, Rocky Johnson, Salvatore Bellomo, Jimmy Snuka, & Pedro Morales defeated Mr. Fuji, Ray Stevens, Don Muraco, Buddy Rose, & Superstar Billy Graham in a Best 3 out of 5 falls match at 17:05, 3-1; fall #1: Fuji pinned Bellomo with a belly to belly suplex at 11:35; fall #2: Bellomo pinned Fuji at 2:18 after a dropkick from Snuka; fall #3: Snuka pinned Rose at the 43-second mark with a sunset flip; fall #4: Andre pinned Rose at 2:29 with a boot to the chest and sit-down splash (the Spectrum's first 10-man tag team match) (The WWF's Most Unusual Matches)

WWF @ Hartford, CT - Civic Center - February 20, 1983: Andre the Giant, Pedro Morales, Rocky Johnson, & SD Jones vs. WWF IC Champion Don Muraco, Superstar Billy Graham, & the Wild Samoans (Best 2 out of 3 falls)

WWF @ York, PA - Hannah Penn Middle School - March 10, 1983: Andre the Giant & Pedro Morales defeated WWF IC Champion Don Muraco & Superstar Billy Graham

WWF @ Weston, MA - March 15, 1983: Andre the Giant defeated Superstar Billy Graham

Rude and Bret had interactions during the Hennig feud in WCW but no matches to the best of my opinion.

The only WWF interaction I found was a mystery Italy card that claimed that Rick Rude pinned Bret Hart in April 1989, but supplies no other details. There was three Italy shows around that time: Sassari, Cagliari, Palermo (April 11 - April 13 1989) and another unnamed Italy card suggests that these matches happened:

Lanny Poffo pinned Barry Horowitz with a moonsault

Andre the Giant pinned Tito Santana with a sit-down splash

WWF Women's Champion Rockin Robin pinned Sensational Sherri

Mr. Perfect pinned the Blue Blazer with the Perfect Plex

WWF Tag Team Champions Demolition defeated the Powers of Pain via disqualification

It's possible Rude/Bret was also on that card but that's all I know.

(I realize this one will be of interest only to me) Steve Williams vs Gary Albright?

Champion Carnival 1998 First Round: Steve Williams [14] defeats Gary Albright [8] (10:04)

4/11/98 AJPW Champion Carnival 1998 - Tag 14 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo, Japan

Champion Carnival 1997 First Round: Gary Albright [6] defeats Steve Williams [9] (11:21)

4/5/97 AJPW Champion Carnival 1997 - Tag 12 @ Okayama Budokan in Okayama, Japan

Champion Carnival 1996 First Round: Gary Albright [12] vs. Steve Williams [10] - Time Limit Draw (30:00)

4/1/96 AJPW Champion Carnival 1996 - Tag 9 @ Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium in Osaka, Japan

Steve Williams defeats Gary Albright

5/23/96 AJPW Super Power Series 1996 - Tag 5 @ Nakajima Sports Center in Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan

They also faced each other in a ton of Tag matches.

Vader/Waltman

WWF @ Dallas, TX - Reunion Arena - June 14, 1998 (9,899): WWF European Champion Triple H, X-Pac, WWF Tag Team Champions the Road Dogg & Billy Gunn defeated Vader, the Legion of Doom, & Droz when Triple H pinned Vader with the Pedigree after Chyna interfered and hit a low blow

Vader/Nash

Weren't Diesel & Vader both in the 1996 Royal Rumble? I don't recall if they interacted at all.

Nash & Vader actually teamed up once in WCW --

WCW @ Melbourne, FL - Auditorium - December 5, 1991 (430): Big Van Vader & Oz fought Todd Champion & Firebreaker Chip to a double count-out

(I realize this one will be of interest only to me) Steve Williams vs Gary Albright?

Champion Carnival 1998 First Round: Steve Williams [14] defeats Gary Albright [8] (10:04)

4/11/98 AJPW Champion Carnival 1998 - Tag 14 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo, Japan

Champion Carnival 1997 First Round: Gary Albright [6] defeats Steve Williams [9] (11:21)

4/5/97 AJPW Champion Carnival 1997 - Tag 12 @ Okayama Budokan in Okayama, Japan

Champion Carnival 1996 First Round: Gary Albright [12] vs. Steve Williams [10] - Time Limit Draw (30:00)

4/1/96 AJPW Champion Carnival 1996 - Tag 9 @ Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium in Osaka, Japan

Steve Williams defeats Gary Albright

5/23/96 AJPW Super Power Series 1996 - Tag 5 @ Nakajima Sports Center in Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan

They also faced each other in a ton of Tag matches.

Cool. Any of those make tape?

Michael Hayes and Scotty Flamingo had to have met up somewhere in the early WCW days, right?

WCW @ Jacksonville, FL - Veterans Memorial Coliseum - August 15, 1992 (6,580; 4,000 paid): Scotty Flamingo defeated Michael Hayes

WCW @ Birmingham, England - NEC - March 12, 1993 (10,500): Michael Hayes defeated Scotty Flamingo