Pro Wrestling Only

Did they ever face each other?

JerryvonKramer

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a question, just an observation--Scotty Flamingo getting a pinfall on Larry Zbyszko on WCW TV has to be one of the all-time WTF results, at least in the pre-Nitro era.

Not really. Flamingo was being pushed as the hot new heel in the Light Heavyweight division, whereas Hayes was already far past his expiry date by that point. He's a legend now in retrospect, but he wasn't really considered one then.

Edit: D'OH! I misread Zbyszko as Hayes somehow. Yeah, weird match, but Larry had even less of a push by then. He was the 5th wheel of the Dangerous Alliance.

WWF @ Sassari, Italy - April 11, 1989

WWF @ Cagliari, Italy - April 12, 1989

WWF @ Palermo, Italy - April 13, 1989

WWF @ ?, Italy - April 1989
WWF IC Champion Rick Rude pinned Bret Hart

I know sometimes fancams from the European tours popped up. I kind of wish we had that one.

(I realize this one will be of interest only to me) Steve Williams vs Gary Albright?

Champion Carnival 1998 First Round: Steve Williams [14] defeats Gary Albright [8] (10:04)

4/11/98 AJPW Champion Carnival 1998 - Tag 14 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo, Japan

Champion Carnival 1997 First Round: Gary Albright [6] defeats Steve Williams [9] (11:21)

4/5/97 AJPW Champion Carnival 1997 - Tag 12 @ Okayama Budokan in Okayama, Japan

Champion Carnival 1996 First Round: Gary Albright [12] vs. Steve Williams [10] - Time Limit Draw (30:00)

4/1/96 AJPW Champion Carnival 1996 - Tag 9 @ Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium in Osaka, Japan

Steve Williams defeats Gary Albright

5/23/96 AJPW Super Power Series 1996 - Tag 5 @ Nakajima Sports Center in Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan

They also faced each other in a ton of Tag matches.

Cool. Any of those make tape?

Surely that Korakuen match must have, at minimum.

I have this weird thing in needing to see a photo or piece of video of both Andre and Undertaker in the same frame. They appeared in a battle royal segment together, but Undertaker had left the ring before Andre arrived on the scene. Such a shame.

I wonder if a photo will ever surface one day?

To my own point...

Just saw a promo where Andre The Giant was supposed to be in the 1991 Royal Rumble. It's conceivable the two could have met in that ring. Andre didn't make it to that match due to his health however.

• 3 weeks later...

Listening to Vader on the Steve Austin show got me thinking, did Vader and Regal ever face off?

I apologize if this is obvious, but AFAIK they were both heels in WCW and Vader was leaving WWE as Regal entered. I would love to see a match if one exists.

Did Bruno ever face either of the Funks?

Could only find these three instances for All Japan in 1972 where he teamed with Terry and Dory:

Bruno Sammartino and Terry Funk defeated Giant Baba and Thunder Sugiyama by countout (29:47 minutes) by 2 falls to 1

Bruno Sammartino and Terry Funk defeated Giant Baba and Masio Koma (25:08 minutes) by 2 falls to 1

Giant Baba and Motoshi Okuma defeated Bruno Sammartino and Dory Funk by disqualification (15:12 minutes) by 2 falls to 1

One that I checked myself:

Juventud Guerrera-Jeff Hardy. It would have had a short window, but there was DEFINITELY an opportunity for this match during Hardy's first exodus. This is without a doubt the only time that I've ever been unhappy that XPW died. They would have made it happen. Would have either been fantastic or an unbelievable trainwreck, and completely entertaining either way.