Pro Wrestling Only

Extreme Rules

Exposer

I'll get this started early, and I know Will's prepping for the Spurs game. Here's the card:

Torito-Swoggle (WeeLC)

Rusev-Truth/Woods

Big E.-Barrett (IC Title)

Paige-Tamina (Diva's Title)

Cesaro-RVD-Swagger (Elimination)

Cena-Wyatt (Cage)

Shield-Evolution

Bryan-Kane (Extreme Rules f/ WWE Title)

This isn't a particularly compelling card tonight. I do think it could be pretty entertaining. Thoughts, predictions, discussion, and everything else may now commence.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Cena/Wyatt is better than WM match which was hugely underwhelming.

Three Way is most likely going to be a mess mainly due to RVD being in there and him trying to pull off innovative spots involving the other 2. I think they would've been better off going straight up with Cesaro/Swagger.

Big E/Barrett has potential of being fairly decent.

Shield/Evolution should be good. Maybe not at the same level as the Shield/Wyatt matches, but it should still be good and possibly MOTN.

DBryan/Kane isn't a match I'm particularly looking forward to completely, but I'm curious to see what DBryan can get out of Kane at this point.

I won't go into too much needless detail, but I'm excited for this show and think, if they can call this the "average" Major Event we can expect via the Network, there'll be no problem securing more and more buyers via XBox, expansion into Canada, and other means. To me, this feels about right for what is essentially the "real" "first" Network PPV (Mania being Mania, this show seems more like the "blueprint" for future Network special events).

I would've never paid $50 for this card - but $10 for an intriguing Shield/Evolution 6-man, Cena vs. Wyatt in a cage, and Daniel Bryan defending the title against Kane, and I think this is well worth the price of admission. Throw in two more solid midcard matches (the IC match and the triple threat) and there's just nothing to complain about it at that price point.

I predict WWE World Heavyweight Champion, Daniel Bryan, in his first post-Wrestlemania title defense, will be fourth from the top on the card. Behind Cena/Wyatt in a cage, Evolution/Shield in the main & whatever match they use as the "cooldown" match in-between those two.

We'll see.

I kind of wish I'd taken the night off to watch it live. I'll probably watch it on my phone at work anyway and catch the rest late tonight. I think Barrett/Big E has a lot of potential if it's given time. Overall, it looks like a fun supercard.

I predict WWE World Heavyweight Champion, Daniel Bryan, in his first post-Wrestlemania title defense, will be fourth from the top on the card. Behind Cena/Wyatt in a cage, Evolution/Shield in the main & whatever match they use as the "cooldown" match in-between those two.

We'll see.

I would predict the lineup to be...

Cesaro-Swagger-Van Dam.

Barrett-Langston.

Paige-Tamina.

Cena-Wyatt.

Killings/Woods-Rusev.

Evolution-Shield.

Bryan-Kane.

The tag doesn't have a gimmick and leads into the title match better than the title match leads into the tag (and if ego is what is would drive up Evo-Shield, the fact that DB is feuding with Stephanie as much if not more than he is with Kane cancels it out). Wyatt HAS to go over Cena, so I think that that's more likely to be in the mid-card than at the top.

Torito-Swoggle (WeeLC) - This match was actually extremely fun with some totally insane spots. All of the table spots were nasty as fuck. And Swoggle's chair shot to Torito's head was brutal. I also loved the midget ring announcer, ref, and commentary. This exceeded expectations.

Did anyone else lose 2-3 minutes in the middle when the feed faded out and played an Evolution video promo?

Anyway, this was a fun match, but would be cringe-inducing if I cared at all about the longterm potential of any member of 3MB. For example, watching Jinder Mahal take a needlessly risky bump during a comedy midget match or even selling for Torito like he was Mighty Mouse would bother me if I thought he were worthy of better.

So, in terms of psychology and pacing a show (I mean, they kind of set the bar sorta high in terms of high spots for an opening comedy match), this was absolutely awful...but I'm not going to say it wasn't entertaining and, as these two teams essentially exist in their own bizarre universe, it's not like someone should be watching that and saying, "Well, if Kane doesn't put Bryan through a flaming table, this show peaked" or "Cena and Wyatt should be a bloodbath based on how hardcore Torito/Swoggle was." Maybe that's just how I view it, though.

so during this 3-way match the announce team totally had no idea this was an elimination match. They sold Cesaro breaking up a submission as him trying to keep the match from ending and then were completely bewildered when Swagger got pinned. How the hell does that even happen when someone is constantly in their ears?

Cesaro-RVD-Swagger - This was also better than I expected it to be. It was still the typical triple threat match at first. Swagger looked pretty bad at times. RVD wasn't quite as bad as he usually is and took some nutty bumps. I loved all of Cesaro's power offense. The finish was pretty nasty too.