Pro Wrestling Only

Soccer Crap

KrisZ

Also, loving how the much maligned in the Premier Joe Allen has quietly been one of the finest players in the tournament so far.

I thought he was one of Wales's best players against England (along with Chester and Robson-Kanu).

A very infuriating night if you were an England supporter. I wasn't pleased with the resting of all these players when the team was confirmed before the match, and even moreso at full time. Bertrand was woefully out of his depth, Henderson was poor (and his delivery was garbage), whilst Wilshere was only slightly better. The Slovakians clearly came for the draw (as evidenced by their celebrations at full time) and for all their possession England couldn't break them down. When yesterday afternoon I was planning England's route to the semis via beating Albania in the last 16 and Hungary in the last 8, it now appears we may well end up with Portugal and then France.

Good on Wales for doing to Russia what England couldn't, and that game and the late consolation has probably ended up costing us more than this Slovakia game.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having just returned from two weeks in France, I've thoroughly loved the Euros. Being the only Wales fan in a five-person motor home had some sad moments (the hour spent in the Lyon fan park where I spent a mute hour sipping water in a daze after the cruel way the England game finished) and some highs (arrogantly swaggering back to the motor home from the only bar in St Ettiene that showed Wales v Russia, bellowing "top of the league, having a laugh"). Went to some fun games (Iceland/Portugal had the amazing Iceland fans, Albania/Romania surprisingly turned into a good game of football), met a load of really sound fans from a range of nations and ultimately had a terrific time. The only fans who slightly got on my wick were Northern Ireland, who were bloody everywhere and far too over-the-top with their "look how much FUN we are" bollocks. Only so many times I can hear that Will Grigg chant, which is why I hope we stuff them tomorrow