Pro Wrestling Only

Famous fans

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fez from the Ron and Fez show is a huge fan. His on air name is Fez Marie Whatley which he admits he based on Pistol Pez Whatley. He also would talk numerous times on air about Florida wrestling in the 70a.

Dont know how I just saw this now but, yeah, there was a lot of wrestling influence in general on R&F. Fez would do Flair promos all the time. Ron was/is a big fan of carny stuff. They also did the whole East Side Dave Midnight Rider saga that was probably my favorite thing ever.

The ECW Zombie was a big fan of the show, as well. I miss Ron & Fez.

Ron and Fez itself was pro wrestling. A shit ton of that show was a work.

Yeah, Ron pushing the company line on comics they want to push really doesn't do it for me. I really wish Fez would pop up somewhere and do some interviews about wrestling. I would love to know what he saw when he was growing up and going to the matches in CWF. I bet he saw some great stuff over the years.

• 5 months later...
On 6/19/2018 at 6:02 AM, flyonthewall2983 said:

Lots of radio guys seemed to have been fans at one point or another. I know Stern has had guys on his show since the Attitude Era. 

I recently heard a clip of a pair of Stern’s phone pranksters prank an interet radio wrestling talk show, during a WM 25 (I think) show.  

One of the pranksters started up like he was more in the mood to talk about past wrestling but ended up rattling off some random list of alphabetically organized wrestler names.

The hosts knew what was going on, and put the guy on hold in the hopes that he was just goofing to start the call, but clearly the listing kept going when they went back to him.

I have to wonder if the comedian knew the list he was rattling off had wrestlers from different eras, and that Dory Funk and Hoss Funk were the same guy as he said both names!

Also, I kind of doubt Stern’s sincerity in having wrestling talk on his show as after the clip ended he was incredulous as to the existence of a show all about pro wrestling!  But then again, the concept of a podcast perplexes him!

I'm loathe to even bring up his name here, but Mancow Muller is a guy who I think is or was a genuine mark. He was syndicated in my area on our main alt-rock station for a couple years and I can remember him talking about Montreal like it was national news. He was also a presenter at the 1997 Slammys and had people on his show, particularly Bobby Heenan I remember.